Official Ikaruga Strategy Thread

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just started playing this like last week and LOVE it, i need help on stage 2, when it gets to the part were the blocks are moving. Anyways after you go threw like 2 little mazes it opens up and there are the red and blue fireballs both coming at the same time, i dont know how im suppose to stay alive right there? Any help...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You're playing on normal right dude? Have you checked out some superplays for reference? http://www.super-play.co.uk/index.php?content=1
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Question - when you fire up this baby, you get a screen with a box in the center, and a timer that counts down from 300.

Since I can't read Japanese, I have no idea what's happening here.

Anyone know?

So, I pressed 1p start, because I didn't know what else I was supposed to do, and got the the title screen. Hit start again, and it asked me to choose a difficulty level. No problem.

Then, I get to the next screen where I have to choose between two options, but of course, can't read them.

Anyone know what those are, and what the difference is in terms of gameplay?

Thanks,

Orri~
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:Question - when you fire up this baby, you get a screen with a box in the center, and a timer that counts down from 300.

Since I can't read Japanese, I have no idea what's happening here.

Anyone know?

So, I pressed 1p start, because I didn't know what else I was supposed to do, and got the the title screen. Hit start again, and it asked me to choose a difficulty level. No problem.

Then, I get to the next screen where I have to choose between two options, but of course, can't read them.

Anyone know what those are, and what the difference is in terms of gameplay?

Thanks,

Orri~

Nobody knows this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I used to play Gradius V, but I realize this is no fun. There is no "hook" to it in addition to nostalgia. The same as R - 1 and 2. R-Delta is a lot of fun (on easy), but three of the difficulties, oblique, and it is a by hard work.