Tips, tricks ect?
OldFoo

Re: Virtua Tennis 2

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:Which character is best?

Bitchs side?

Dudes side?

Tips, tricks ect?

I've been playing VT2 for about a month on and off.

I have not found one player that will destroy any of the others. When you get too about level 3 all of the oponents 'put their game face on'

Each player has there own strenghts and weeknesses. A couple a players list strength as 'strong backhand' in which case you wanna keep it away from the backhand side. (and vice-versa for strong forehand players)

Patience has been the key for me. Not rushing the net and getting into extremely long volleys waiting for the openent to make a mistake (fall on the ground during a return) then attacking the net and trying for a kill shot.

This strategy seems too work relatively well* (see footnote) and I can ussually get too level 4. Have not cleared level 4 yet (close once or twice but not yet).

Also had to put alot of 'virtual quarters / credits' in too keep the match going after getting my a$$ handed to me on a platter.

*footnote - This long volley strategy works well against most players. There are 1 or 2 players listed as 'volley masters' in which cases you can sit there all day waiting for them to make a mistake while volleying and they will not. If you run up against one of these you need to get more aggressive and go to the net.

Have fun and please share your experience.

Regards

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I find VT2 much harder than 1, in 1 the game can be beat with cheap moves, the A.E in 2 though is much better, still find the game great fun to play though, having doubles & women really adds a lot to the fun!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:I find VT2 much harder than 1, in 1 the game can be beat with cheap moves, the A.E in 2 though is much better, still find the game great fun to play though, having doubles & women really adds a lot to the fun!

Yep, I agree on both.

VT1=Much easier than VT2

I play doubles for hours with my eight year old daughter. :smt061

She also likes to be a female player as oposed to a male - go figure :smt061

No strategies here. Just a plain ole good time. :smt069 :smt069

Happy to get to level 2 with her as partner (so is she). :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well i happened once to finish VT2 without loosing a game... and after the last match, i've been granted with an extra game against the referee!

i haven't been able to score a point at that fook...