Puyo Puyo DA! questions

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Puyo Puyo DA! questions

Post by OldFoo »

Two questions.

1. I've read somewhere that there is a special control panel for this. Is it true, and does anyone have a pic/link to a pic? How difficult is it to get (should it exist)?

2. Gameplay - anyone know how to play this (or is there a place where the gameplay is explained?)

Thanks!

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

There is a special panel available for this and it has five buttons on either side each with a different color layed out in a four pointed star with a button in the middle. Basic up, down, left, right and for want of a better word fire. I've seen a couple of panels kicking around from time to time but never managed to get my hands on one.

The game can be played with the basic naomi joystick setup and you have two strange 3d Characters from the puyo puyo universe having a dance off to the music. You will see two lines at the bottom of your cscreen with the sequence of joystick movements/button presses you need and you have to do them in time with the cursor that rolls over them. Depending on the character you choose the difficulty increases dramatically.

Hope that gives you a bit of an insight :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ringtail wrote:There is a special panel available for this and it has five buttons on either side each with a different color layed out in a four pointed star with a button in the middle. Basic up, down, left, right and for want of a better word fire. I've seen a couple of panels kicking around from time to time but never managed to get my hands on one.

The game can be played with the basic naomi joystick setup and you have two strange 3d Characters from the puyo puyo universe having a dance off to the music. You will see two lines at the bottom of your cscreen with the sequence of joystick movements/button presses you need and you have to do them in time with the cursor that rolls over them. Depending on the character you choose the difficulty increases dramatically.

Hope that gives you a bit of an insight :)

It does! Thanks Gareth!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Rare as hens teeth.

I found a souce for one. $400 (cough, choke)

I'm planning an building my own

Fow now I play with joysticks but it really needs buttons IMHO once you get to the harder levels

Game is kinda like DDR but with fingers

Bob Presutti

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:Rare as hens teeth.

Fow now I play with joysticks but it really needs buttons IMHO once you get to the harder levels

Bob Presutti

Wow - didn't know it was that rare (didn't even know it existed until yesterday, actually!) ;)

Thanks for the pic Bob. Now to find one... :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:
SkiDog wrote:Rare as hens teeth.

Bob Presutti

Wow - didn't know it was that rare (didn't even know it existed until yesterday, actually!) ;)

Thanks for the pic Bob. Now to find one... :smt012

Easy to find as long as you got $400 :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Or buy my blank panel & make you own :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ah i missed this thread ...

Here is a picture of the panel (courtesy of bahamut/2!lo/Laurent) :

Pretty rare indeed. I only know 2 guys that actually own it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gilles54 wrote:Ah I missed this thread ...

Here is a picture of the panel (courtesy of bahamut/2!lo/Laurent) :

Pretty rare indeed. I only know 2 guys that actually own it.

I can say from personal experience that the dedicated CP would be MUCH easier to play the game than using a joystick.

When it gets crazy (and it does), tapping the directional button would be easier and quicker than trying to change directions with the joystick.

Still fun, but the CP would be easier.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:Still fun, but the CP would be easier.

Agree