Need codes for 2 naomi games, cannot get answers anywhere.

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Need codes for 2 naomi games, cannot get answers anywhere.

Post by OldFoo »

Hello there, i have several naomi games, but 2 in particular have cheats that have been bothering me for a while, and i was hoping someone might have an answer to them.

1. Zero Gunner 2 - if you go into test mode , there is a menu option called maintenance mode and the bottom of the menu, when you go into it, it shows a 5 digit code, i have looked everywhere to find this code but cannot find out what it is or what it does.

2.Typing of the dead, i go into test mode and set the blood color, but it always goes back to green when you get out. is there a way to set it at red and keep it there?

Those 2 are it, i cannot even find the answers to these in the manuals.

if anyone can answer these 2, i would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Rick
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Once again:--> A quick look or search would have brought you to here--->Naomi codes. :smt024

This guy asked basically the same question in the post just underneath this one--->Code Request :111
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Once again:--> A quick look or search would have brought you to here--->Naomi codes. :smt024

This guy asked basically the same question in the post just underneath this one--->Code Request :111

to be fair, there's no ZG2 code in that link that does what he's looking for and nothing for typing of the dead....or his issue.

Stupid question, but are you saving your settings when you leave the test menu after selecting red blood. I don't even know if that option is there, but sounds like it could be the cause of it going back to green blood.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Joshua, im sorry, but your posts have nothing to do with my request, i am asking for the maintenance code in the test mode for zero gunner 2, not this

Zero Gunner 2

New shooting weapons : Collect every one of the objects you see after the planes explode (!)

which is what you pointed me to in your post's link, and the second link also did not answer my question., but led me to snk vs capcom codes, also once again not what im asking for.

But thanks anyway, i appreciate the attempt.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank for the reply ngt, and for correcting Joshua, but yes i did save the settings before i exit, and i also confirm the blood color is set to red before i go to save and exit, but once i get out of test mode and then go back into test mode WITHOUT leaving the service mode, it still shows it is set as red, but if i get out of the test mode and then out of the service mode screen, the blood once again reverts to green.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Typing of the dead green blood could be down to bios.

HOTD2 only had red blood on USA bios. Japan games have big censorship for blood. HOTD3 couldn't have gratious viloence when set to Japan region.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Maintenance codes for Zg2 have been asked several times.

I've never seen any code for this game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I also showed the previous post because I stated then that any codes here are submitted by the members of this forum. If it's not here, we don't have it. Sorry. :smt109
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Andy, the game will not play on the USA bios, it will only play on the Japanese version, Im amazed that they censor in japan, i thought it was usually the other way around, with the usa censoring or giving options to censor certain aspects of the game such as in the mortal kombat series, or even in the naomi games, like the hotd or zombie's revenge.

Rick
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ccatalyst wrote:Andy, the game will not play on the USA bios, it will only play on the Japanese version, Im amazed that they censor in japan, I thought it was usually the other way around, with the usa censoring or giving options to censor certain aspects of the game such as in the mortal kombat series, or even in the naomi games, like the hotd or zombie's revenge.

Rick

Actually you can patch the game to be region free. I'll download the MAME dump as actually that game has no security on the cartridge so will netboot.