Guilty Gear questions

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Guilty Gear questions

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, not sure why there are so many versions of this, but I'm definitely confused.

For the Naomi 1, cart format:

Guilty Gear X (2000)

For the Naomi 1, GD-rom format:

Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival (2002)

Guilty Gear XX: #Reload (2003)

Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival SLASH (2003)

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (2006)

What I'm wondering is what is the difference between all of them - and which are worth getting?

Finally, I tried to play Guilty Gear X once upon a time, and couldn't figure out all of the different things to do (Breaks, moves, etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to learn to play these? The instructions are usually in Japanese.

Thanks,

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Some basic info on all games listed here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Gear_XX
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, so I've read the page (thanks Bob.)

The next logical question is...

Which is the best one(s) to play?

Accent Core aside at the moment, because of it's price point, I'm trying to determine (pre-play) if they're all worth owning because the play is different enough to justify that.

Reading about some of the differences is more difficult to interpret if you've never played the game.

So, for those of you who've played more than one of these, what are your thoughts?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:Ok, so I've read the page (thanks Bob.)

The next logical question is...

Which is the best one(s) to play?

Accent Core aside at the moment, because of it's price point, I'm trying to determine (pre-play) if they're all worth owning because the play is different enough to justify that.

Reading about some of the differences is more difficult to interpret if you've never played the game.

So, for those of you who've played more than one of these, what are your thoughts?

Anyone?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have Guilty Gear X for the Dreamcast and Guilty Gear X2 reload for the XBOX. The games are essentially the same except for the newer iteration having a few additional characters, like robo-ky. I was not able to notice any major differences in gameplay. Very enjoyable fighting games.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This is kinda old, so I hope you found a good answer...

The Guilty Gear series often made drastic changes to certain play elements. Some where not always obvious to new players - for example, Sol went from a Bandit Revolver loop to a Dust Loop. Sol players would immediately notice the difference, but newcomers probably won't...

I'm a big Guilty Gear fan and my opinion is that you should probably stick to #R and ^C.

The early games only had some changes in characters and game play, while #R had a significant number of changes in game play. ^C is the final revision and includes all of the characters as well as Slashbacks and Overdrive moves.

Your best resource for Guilty Gear is the Dustloop forum where you'll find character specific tips, combos and more.

For posterity, how to pronounce stuff:

XX - "Ig - zecks"

#Reload - Sharp Reload

^C - Accent Core

A. B. A. - ABBA, like the band.

Also, unlike dragonballs, it appears nothing happens when you gather all 7 Guilty Gear arcade titles in the same area. :'(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the info!

Supa wrote:This is kinda old, so I hope you found a good answer...

The Guilty Gear series often made drastic changes to certain play elements. Some where not always obvious to new players - for example, Sol went from a Bandit Revolver loop to a Dust Loop. Sol players would immediately notice the difference, but newcomers probably won't...

I'm a big Guilty Gear fan and my opinion is that you should probably stick to #R and ^C.

The early games only had some changes in characters and game play, while #R had a significant number of changes in game play. ^C is the final revision and includes all of the characters as well as Slashbacks and Overdrive moves.

Your best resource for Guilty Gear is the Dustloop forum where you'll find character specific tips, combos and more.

For posterity, how to pronounce stuff:

XX - "Ig - zecks"

#Reload - Sharp Reload

^C - Accent Core

A. B. A. - ABBA, like the band.

Also, unlike dragonballs, it appears nothing happens when you gather all 7 Guilty Gear arcade titles in the same area. :'(