Powerstone

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Powerstone

Post by OldFoo »

I'm going to be receiving a Naomi MB and Capcom I/O very soon along with a Powerstone cart.

I'm wondering if Powerstone requires you to have a kick harness or is it only a 3 button game? I want to be good to go when it arrives. I remember on the DC it seemed to use more than 3 buttons. Thanks.

Also, what ever applies to Powerstone 1 does the same apply to Powerstone 2 (needing or not needing a kick harness)? As I know I'll be picking up Powerstone 2 some time in the future.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A kick harness is only needed for Naomi games with more than 5 buttons. Both games will work fine without it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

played both on a cab that had 3 button panel and never any problems, your good to go :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A couple questions about Powerstone settings...

It displays the "VS" win streaks and initials on the attract mode....I've played the 1player game and it didn't give me an option to put in my initials...Is that win streak screen only for playing 2 player versus matches? What do you need to do to be able to put your initials in?

Also, I noticed the "event", "regulation and nonregulation" settings....What are these about? What do they control?

Thanks for the feedback in advance..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I find it odd that Powerstone doesn't save your best times when beating the game. It let me put in my initials and displayed my time, but when I turned the machine off and came back later, it had erased the records. Is this normal?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Did you take the cart out of the system? If so, this is normal behavior with Naomi games.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you may have a dead watch battery under the cart.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No. I didn't take the cart out. I'll check the battery though.

I was googling this issue though and it came with a past post by Pete (from these forums) who said that all Capcom Naomi games do not save high scores.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

that is very possible, i never really paid much attention to high scores
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think thats the downside of Capcom titles :(