Initial D without card reader

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Initial D without card reader

Post by OldFoo »

Does anyone know if it is possible to get to the customise shop in Initial D, when not owning a card reader?

I have never played initial D before today when i got it in the mail, i swapped it into my Crazy Taxi cab.

I read you can tune your car when you save an X amount of times on your card, but i don't have a card reader.

Does this mean i'm screwed (i've heard these card readers are pretty expensive and only useable on initial D) if i want to tune my car? (i understand i can't save what i do, and have to start all over each time i turn off the cab or game over, but it would be nice to at least put on some turbo or a muffler or something while i'm drinking a beer and play a few rounds ^^)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

[offtopic]

Hi Jiggy :-)!

[/offtopic]
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

[offtopic]

heyyy cage buddy ^^

[/offtopic]
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can play the game without the card reader present. You will have to turn the reader off through the game settings in test mode.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:You can play the game without the card reader present. You will have to turn the reader off through the game settings in test mode.

Thank you

Yes, i found out that part ^^

The problem is that without the card reader, you can't get to the tuning shop to upgrade your car... So I wondered if there is a workaround (the game looses alot of its fun without it).

But i managed to find a card reader in the end (though i'm still wondering if there would have been a workaround).