Border Down Naomi

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Border Down Naomi

Post by OldFoo »

This may sound a silly question but are differences much between the Naomi version and the Dreamcast Version.? Graphics / Gameplay etc.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The same.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Exactly the same.?? Speed of play, graphics, Frames per second.?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

cadman2k wrote:Exactly the same.?? Speed of play, graphics, Frames per second.?

Yes. DC hardware is essentially the same as Naomi (less some texture and sound memory). There is only one cosmetic difference, any possibly intentional so you can tell which version you are playing, is the flock of flamingo's your ship flys through at the begining of stage 1 intro (which is absent from the DC version).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Doesn't the DC version include additional play modes that aren't available on the Naomi version?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

brumma wrote:Doesn't the DC version include additional play modes that aren't available on the Naomi version?

You could say that about any home conversion of any game, I think OP is asking about core gameplay.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:
brumma wrote:Doesn't the DC version include additional play modes that aren't available on the Naomi version?

You could say that about any home conversion of any game, I think OP is asking about core gameplay.

Yes, of course. I just wanted to be thorough.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Funny how the originally highly expensive original Naomi version of the game is now worth less than the Dreamcast conversion. I've seen the DC version go for ridiculous amounts on eBay, especially the D-Direct version with the mouse mat.

I suppose I'll wait for the same to hopefully happen to the other recent Naomi shooters like Exelica, Under Defeat, Karous etc and then sell my DC versions for around the same or more than the Naomi GDs.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Border Down is one of those ridiculously expensive games. I wonder how much the GDRom goes for now since the reprint of the Dreamcast port has been out.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hermosaguy wrote:Border Down is one of those ridiculously expensive games. I wonder how much the GDRom goes for now since the reprint of the Dreamcast port has been out.

for this reason , i say : thanks netbooting ...(i looove my 3.17 Dimm ... :smt008 )