Melty Blood?

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Melty Blood?

Post by OldFoo »

What is this game like to play?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I like it. The on-screen action reminds me of Guilty Gear. It has a decent pace, moves ranging from powerful, to mystical, to playful. :D Depending on the character chosen, there are some comedic elements. The stages are nicely drawn and colorful. It has the only FMV intro that I've seen to date on the Naomi. Naturally, like any fighter, it's more fun to play with a human opponent. It gets good grades from me.

P.S.

For those reading this, please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion. No one needs to agree or disagree with what I've said. This 'p.s.' is to prevent messages such as "No way! (Such and such) game is way better...", or "You don't know what you're talking about! This game sucks because blah blah blah..." I've seen posts escalate unnecessarily because of this. Open minds, people. :smt023 :smt040 :smt052
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It reminds me of MVC2 more than GG but only because the combos seem quick and the combo engine is quite lose. There is a demo of the pc version online which is what the Naomi version is a port of. I just picked up a copy of the Melty Blood Act Cadenza : Ultimate Bible at an anime convention even though my japanese is still quite bad. This is a good English Melty Blood site if you are interested in some more info on the game. http://www.meltybread.com/
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I bet it looks blocky in 31k too!

Cheers for the info guys :smt007
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:I bet it looks blocky in 31k too!
You're right about that. This game was definitely made for standard res. :smt105
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've just been watching a couple of videos on YouTube and this looks excellent. Does it use 4 or 6 buttons?

Considering this started off as a dojin-soft PC game, I think Typemoon / French Bread did pretty good.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

4 IIRC
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

At first, I thought this game was balls, but after a friend came over and insisted on playing it, I now think it is the crack. My favorite aspect is the parrying/heat mode meter. When you go into heat mode, your life (red portion) regenerates fast. Makes for killer strategy, as well as awesome bouts. On another note, that stage with just the one rock in the background - wtf?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:D The game is supposed to look blocky, because that's the style

looks horribly fuzzy with antialiasing on PC, so yea, thats how they wanted it to appear.
OldFoo

^_^

Post by OldFoo »

If you want to try it...

Download the PC Demo...

http://210.136.78.218/mbacwin/mbacwintr ... _trial.zip

^_^ It Rules....'

I LOVE LEN!