Complete Idiot's Guide To Building A Naomi ATX PSU/Adapter

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Re: Question ??

Post by OldFoo »

AbyssUK wrote:I have an ATX supply running my mame cab. Could I split off the correct voltages to run off into the naomi but still keep the atx supply available to use for the mame pc ?

Obviously I would never run both at the same time I know that won't work, but if say the Naomi power cable was unplugged could I make the pc still turn on ?

AbyssUK

edit: looking about also would it not be possible to use a sata power port to power up the naomi, it has the 3.3v 12v and 5v lines. Then I could have both powered up at once ??

http://pinouts.ru/Power/sata-power_pinout.shtml

It's not just the voltage you need to worry about, but also how much current each line will deliver.

IIRC the Naomi PSU has quite a large 3.3v supply (15A or so) and I doubt very much a SATA connector will have the oomph to power the Naomi mobo.

I tried to make a supergun run from a HDD power cable, and ended up fooking the PSU.
OldFoo

PSU solution with JVS and GDROM power connectors exist ?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I'm looking for the a PSU solution for my Naomi 2.

Does someone know if a website sells Naomi 220 V PSU with JVS and GDROM power connectors ?

Regards.

TheDark.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

on the pin out diagrams for the the atx connector i see 6 groound wires but not a seventh one ist it the one on pin 13? i thought nothing else went there please help
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great tutorial just thought I would say that from my experience it is easier and quicker to remove the atx connector using a heat gun. :smt020