Will this work? (dimm parts mix and match)

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Will this work? (dimm parts mix and match)

Post by OldFoo »

Hi everyone-

I have a NetDimm that is fully working, however has bad/bent omron connectors. I have a 100% perfectly working non-net dimm. Would it work if I switched the non-nett's bottom board with good connectors into the net-dimm with bad connectors? On visual inspection, the bottom boards are identical with (presumably) only different firmware.

I was thinking if that worked, then maybe I could run the 3.17 upgrade on it, and presto-chango, 3.17 net dimm.

Thoughts?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

As far as I know, it works :p

Bill we need to get in touch ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you can use net core dimm board with the original dimm board top boards.

I used to-do them. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, I once made a 3.17 non-net dimm :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm judging by the responses (thanks by the way!) I don't think I was clear with my question.

Ok, so I have a working non-net "core board", and a working net "top board". Will combining them work?

Sorry if you guys did answer it above, I just wanna be sure before I fry my only working dimm hehe.

-Bill
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

billd420 wrote:Hmm judging by the responses (thanks by the way!) I don't think I was clear with my question.

Ok, so I have a working non-net "core board", and a working net "top board". Will combining them work?

Sorry if you guys did answer it above, I just wanna be sure before I fry my only working dimm hehe.

-Bill

No you can mix an old non net dimm core with a net top part, you will error 22.

You can only mix the net core board and old top part.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ahh thanks for the clarification.

Out of curiosity, know anybody who can install Omron connectors cheaper than Ken charges? I'm sure he does awesome work, its just I can't justify paying ~$75 per bad connector :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:Yes, I once made a 3.17 non-net dimm :)

And thanks to Mr Geezer I have one too!