Trying to install Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Trying to install Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Post by OldFoo »

I recently purchase an official Big Blue Capcom Q sound cabinet. The game originally inside was the CPS-2 Marvel Vs Street Fighter.

When I installed the Sega Naomi Marvel Vs Capcom 2 board also with the Sega Capcom Naomi System Jamma I/O Board, the game worked fine but the sound was on full blast. I had no way of controlling the volume.

What I realized is that the CPS-2 A and B board automatically have a volume control on it (right next to the test button)

The Sega Naomi motherboard, on the other hand has no volume control.

How do I control the volume on my Sega Naomi Marvel Vs Capcom 2 when I install it in a Big Blue Capcom Q sound cabinet?
OldFoo

Re: Trying to install Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Post by OldFoo »

hi!

volume control is on Capcom Naomi System Jamma I/O Board. check it. it's a little black pot.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

STV is correct. Take a look here:

The volume control is on the top-right portion where the square cutout is located.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks guys for all the help its very informative but...

I installed my Marvel vs Capcom 2 but the volume is still on full blast and I can't adjust it even if I turn the knob. And more bad news: all the kick buttons don't work even though its attached to a kick harness (CPS2 kick harness).

Can my I/O be messed up? Is there a way to fix it?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

this can help you about extra buttons configuration.

http://www.solvalou.com/arcade_naomicapcom.php

for that audio problem i don't know. maybe the pot is broken :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks that was extremely helpful. Got my kicks working.

On the link you sent me it says that for Switch 1:

"1. Switches between composite and separate H/V syncs. If it is set to "right", composite sync is selected."

When it says "composite" and "separate H/V syncs". Is it talking about the volume? If not what is it exactly referring to?

Thank you.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No, it's talking about the monitor input type. :smt018
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you guys for all your help. Now everything works. Kicks work and the volume works. I needed an av stereo cable to connect the I/O to the motherboard.

Thanks for everything with your expertise nothing would work. Happy New Year!!