US World Series Baseball looks alot like a Naomi Uni?

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

US World Series Baseball looks alot like a Naomi Uni?

Post by OldFoo »

I am about to buy this cab with 8 naomi games for $850 including delivery. So my question is, can it be altered in any way to look more like a naomi uni cab?

Edit: Also, anyone think this is a good deal? There is a little monitor burn. The games included are:

Heavy Metal Geomatrix

Virtua Tennis (Power Smash)

WWF Royal Rumble

Virtua NBA

Capcom Vs. SNK

Mobile Suit Gundam

World Series 99

Power Stone (Error 01)

Plus 2 Control Panels

Baseball Control Panel

Fighting Control Panel (Blast City Sanwa)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lucky. I paid $850 for mine with no system, no games, no plexi, and no control panel. Don't buy from Vintage Arcade in L.A..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pretty good deal in my opinion.

If you don't need/want the baseball control panel - pm me - I'd buy it from you. :)
OldFoo

Re: US World Series Baseball looks alot like a Naomi Uni?

Post by OldFoo »

starscream615 wrote:can it be altered in any way to look more like a naomi uni cab?

The answer to this is no, its a totally different cab to the japanese style universal, this one as far as I know is only in America.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What I want to know about it is how to TATE the monitor.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

TATE?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

roTATE the monitor 90 degrees counterclockwise. I bought the cab on the assumption that it was possible to so do because someone here told me that cab was the US version of the Naomi Universal. It turns out that it may not be possible. EnglishmanInPlantcity said he might be able to tell me how to do it but info has not been forthcoming yet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

shaktazuki wrote:roTATE the monitor 90 degrees counterclockwise. I bought the cab on the assumption that it was possible to so do because someone here told me that cab was the US version of the Naomi Universal. It turns out that it may not be possible. EnglishmanInPlantcity said he might be able to tell me how to do it but info has not been forthcoming yet.

I see, the only reason I guess I would do that is if I got a shooter, but I'm mostly into the fighting games. Anyone need a copy of MvC2 yet? Still got two and only need one!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

To me that doesn't sound like a too good deal.

The games are cheapish that nobody wants, but that's just me living in the netherlands where uni are sold cheapish
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

d wrote:To me that doesn't sound like a too good deal.

The games are cheapish that nobody wants, but that's just me living in the netherlands where uni are sold cheapish

Not sure how that isn't a good deal.

$850 including delivery - now I'm not sure how far the cabinet is traveling, but if it's being shipped, that's at least $250 for sure.

The cabinet has to be worth $400+.

Virtua NBA is $100+

The baseball 2P control panel is worth $75 anyway.

So, these totaled $25:

Heavy Metal Geomatrix

Virtua Tennis (Power Smash)

WWF Royal Rumble

Capcom Vs. SNK

Mobile Suit Gundam

World Series 99

Power Stone (Error 01)

Unless it's being delivered for free, I'd say it's a good deal.

If it's not, then the 7 games listed above cost $275 (or under $40 each.)

That's of course, if I've priced the cabinet correctly - it might be worth more than $400.

Either way - I think it's a pretty decent deal that many people would have jumped on.