Error Code 24

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok it's good , not problem dimm 0 .

you are the error 24 now ??

your GDDrive is conneceted, the CD Spining ?

if you have a dreamcast, replace the lens of the dreamcast in the GDrom drive and test it .

Warning : please take take your time for connect the alimentation, if you plug the alimentation in the bad sens, your lens is destroy and possibility of error 24 !!!!!!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

forgive me, but what do you mean by alimentation?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I believe that is supposed to mean 'supply'. He may be referring to the power connector since the I/O and GD connectors look the same, but are connected differently. If you mix them up, you will blow one of the pcb's.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Is there a photo posted anywhere showing what I should be doing?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just use the large picture above as a reference. The GD-ROM power connector is clearly shown. :smt110
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sorry for my english

exactly, the alimentation is the power supply !!!!!

use the big picture , the connector and the GDRom drive is show !!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok- so I got my replacement lens and I have an issue.

I didn't realize there were 2 versions. I have a 610-0617-01

and I got the 610-0617 replacement. So I cannot just swap the unit.

Should I replace the lens assembly, or am I screwed? Looks like the board

is different, the scussi and power inputs are not soldered onto my replacement board. Any suggestions? Am I going to have to transfer the inputs, is that even possible?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Any updates on this?

I recently purchased a twin initial D Ver2. cabinets, and Player 2 is now getting a ERROR 24 as well. I tried the P2 GD-Rom in the P1 cabinet, and it worked, so I am still at a loss...

Did you resolve yours?

Thanks,

Saloon
Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The board was still good on mine. I was able to remove the lens assembly off the board of my replacement and swap it with the lens unit on my defective kit. Works great.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

fantoboy wrote:Ok- so I got my replacement lens and I have an issue.

I didn't realize there were 2 versions. I have a 610-0617-01

and I got the 610-0617 replacement. So I cannot just swap the unit.

Should I replace the lens assembly, or am I screwed? Looks like the board

is different, the scussi and power inputs are not soldered onto my replacement board. Any suggestions? Am I going to have to transfer the inputs, is that even possible?

Lens/motor unit is the same on both versions. You'll have to remove the lens motor unit from your replacement lens unit and place it in your gd-rom drive.