Net Dimm board fried?

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Net Dimm board fried?

Post by OldFoo »

Hello,

Got a 3.17 net dimm board here. Now it gives out error 22 and in test mode a timeout. The only thing i did was turning on and off the cab a few times after tating the monitor. Probably fried and not repairable right?

Thanks, Henk.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Before pronouncing it dead, try opening the Dimm, taking it all apart (including memory), and re-seating everything. Also, check the voltages while the system is on and running to make sure the power is up-to-par. If it still doesn't work, then it might be dead.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Already took it apart but didn't touch the memory. Measuring the voltage might also be a good one, Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gave it another try and took everything apart including reseating the memory. The damn thing works again. :) I'm happy but that's a bit odd isn't it? Anyway, Think i'll better check my volts too just in case.

Thanks again!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

goatboy wrote:Gave it another try and took everything apart including reseating the memory. The damn thing works again. :) I'm happy but that's a bit odd isn't it? Anyway, Think I'll better check my volts too just in case.

Thanks again!

Good to hear! Checking voltages is always a good idea. Especially the 5V one. Do not let that get over 5.2. The ideal level is around 5.1.

I actually always check everything when I swap boards. The Naomi is power hungry, and I have noticed that the PSU in my Blast is somewhat sensitive to what it powers. 5.1 volt with a Naomi connected, 5.3 or higher when I connect a JAMMA pcb.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's a balancing act between Volts and Amps. When using a power hungry system like Naomi, more Amps are used and the Voltage lowers. The opposite is also true. Like Cageman said, this is why one should check voltages when changing systems. :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Please expound on this checking of voltages. Point me to an article containing the basics in this as I have no understanding. Thanks in advance.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'll add, I can use a multimeter/voltmeter. Where am I supposed to read the voltage?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

And :D congratulations on fixing your Net Dimm
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

kamicolo wrote:Please expound on this checking of voltages. Point me to an article containing the basics in this as I have no understanding. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtop ... 3416#23416