18 Wheeler no steering mech?

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

18 Wheeler no steering mech?

Post by OldFoo »

The guts have been removed from the steering only the wheel with the long center post remains.

I do still have the gear shift, view change, start button gas/brake pedal's,

All of that is good and working.

I bought a whole dash to a Daytona USA 94 for 75$, thinking that being both Sega and force feedback I could make it work.

I'm having no luck it seems there are way more wires to the Daytona steering than the 18 Wheeler.

Are there any wire diagram or knowledge you guys can give me.

The cabinet is the full size sit down, not sure if that makes a difference.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Not sure, but didn't 18 wheeler lack force feedback? Steering mech is more likely to resemble InitialD, due to the fact that you are steering a truck ;-)

Model 2 dash (daytona) could be used, as long as the potentiometer value is correct. No force feedback from that dash though. Even if 18 wheeler supports it. Just too different.

btw, manuals and wiring diagrams:

http://www.segaarcade.com/archive/eighteenwheeler.aspx

http://www.segaarcade.com/archive/daytonausa.aspx
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dunno if this is relevant or not, but when I tried both King of Route 66 and club kart euro session cartridges in my Initial D cabinet I was very surprised to discover the games worked fine (including force feedback) without any hardware modification, even though the force feedback servo driver control boards used in ID, KOR66 and CC are apparently all totally different.

They are all Naomi2 games but if Sega are that forward-thinking generally, you may be in luck.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

justniz wrote:Dunno if this is relevant or not, but when I tried both King of Route 66 and club kart euro session cartridges in my Initial D cabinet I was very surprised to discover the games worked fine (including force feedback) without any hardware modification, even though the force feedback servo driver control boards used in ID, KOR66 and CC are apparently all totally different.

They are all Naomi2 games but if Sega are that forward-thinking generally, you may be in luck.

No king route and club kart use same feedback hardware.