Super Gun N00b "error 01 game not acceptable by main bo

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Super Gun N00b "error 01 game not acceptable by main bo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there. I want to use my naomi as a super gun but i am running into problems. I have a naomi 1 + gdrom setup. they are plugged into a sega v2 i/o. the gdrom is powered off a splitter from the v2 i/o. it runs just fine in my cabinet but when i plug into my other traditional jamma power supply while powering the gdrom it gives me the error "error 01 game not acceptable by main board" and the "naomi-gdrom" logo doesnt appear. i have connected a jamma harness to a wmp-606, 104w power source and then connected that harness to my v2 i/o converter. whats going on? am i not getting enough power? should i mess around with the voltage knob on the 606? ive read that can harm the boards.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The Jamma I/O system was never meant to power the Naomi and GD setup at the same time. There have been reports of users getting this setup to work by boosting the power supply, but this is a risk that usually burns out the I/O. It is highly recommended that the GD drive be powered either by a separate PSU or using an adequate, single PSU and bypasing the I/O for power. In other words, not splitting the I/O power output and tapping into the PSU power lines directly.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

why the heck do they have official made power splitters specifically for this purpose? the tiny old school little 104w wasnt good enough but my beastly peter chou 114w one seems to be working fine. you think its going to blow the i/o? this naomi has been running with that setup for over a decade though. can i expect the io to blow any day now? why did sega make such a cable if they didnt want it used that way?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think he mis-read your post. If you're using the v2 sega IO not a capcom IO and the NAOMI is powered from the PSU and not by way of the IO, you're fine.