Are we allowing the sale of Netbooting chips here?

Admin/Mod Section
OldFoo

Are we allowing the sale of Netbooting chips here?

Post by OldFoo »

Hey Guys -

I seem to recall SegaFan4Life (or someone) trying this once upon a time, when the concept was fairly new, and saying that we weren't going to allow that here.

For all of the obvious reasons, it's not great for the hobby and value of owning the actual discs, etc.

That was a while ago, and I admit that I'm not on here every day.

I wanted to check with you to see if this is something that we are or are not allowing here.

Werejag is being a pain in the ass, and I either want to restore his FS thread if we're allowing it, or remove it and tell others to do the same in their FS threads.

I think that we all acknowledge that netbooting happens all over the place, and while I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about it from the technical side, allowing the sale of chips, etc is a different matter.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Everone that wants to know how netbooting works can use Google to search for information. I would say: let us not be the one providing information on how to kill sega naomi trading and business.

Werejag is an asshole. He (and others) are the reason Andy is not around here that much anymore (if at all).

He is harrassing me as well. I am ignoring his little rants.

I agree on banning netboot-sales and how-to info on how to netboot naomi games.

He's definitely a douche.

I agree that we should not make this place a resource of netbooting information.

Didn't know that he was a reason why Andy isn't here much anymore. That sucks. No one knows as much as The Geez, and I loved having him as a valuable source of good information.

Hope he comes back.