What version is the best Asian ver , Japanese ver or Us ver

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

What version is the best Asian ver , Japanese ver or Us ver

Post by OldFoo »

If I wanna to buy naomi 2 mother board ...please let me know What version is the best Asian ver , Japanese ver or Us ver
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Depends on the games you want to play, and if you want English text or Japan text.

I personally use the Export bios.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I use Export also as unreadable text is not my thing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The games don't work faster or better with different regions. Apart from the menus being in a different language, there are really no differences. The only exception would be some fighting games changing the color of blood from red to green, or things of that nature.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

n00b alert, but may I ask what's the deal with the export bios? I mean, judging from the bios list on the main website, it seems to be the least compatible one. Or is this some sort of universal bios? Sorry, but regard this as constructive criticism suggesting that it might be a good idea to add some explainations to the bios part of the main website.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sorry, there is no universal BIOS for Naomi. Although it may seem to you that the Export version is the least compatible, it is likely that you will not have every game. RGP and AndyGeezer both have a substantial collection and still recommented the Export version. You just need to focus on the games you have or will purchase in the future. Keep in mind the type of BIOS you have, and buy accordingly. :smt045

P.S.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated. :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the game BIOS listing is a bit spares.

Export will run all the game US BIOS runs,both are english.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ah, thanks Mr. Geezer - now I understand. Just another stupid question then: Why prefer using the export bios and not the US bios if both run the same games? Or does export also run some japanese games?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes it does.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Also the USA one has FBI warning, and content advisory (depending on game, but it only happens on USA bios).

So if you want those annoying splash screens then go USA