Where can I buy Virtua Fighter 5??

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nope it will be a worldwide release, and it will work without VF.NET.

Japan have doing this VF.NET for a while and it is Japan only to my knowledge.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i want to buy this game too. :smt085
kod

Post by kod »

AndyGeezer wrote:Nope it will be a worldwide release, and it will work without VF.NET.

Do you have confirmation of this? All information I have seen indicates that sega is ignoring the non-jpn market for vf5
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It was to my knowledge mentioned/advertised at the ATEI, I guess I could ask Sega management of Sales in the UK if it will be released, but I am sure they already told me it is.

Big Sega locations only first, then probably smaller places 6 - 12 months later.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hopefully europe gets it. i was hoping they would cause if they didnt i knew it wasnt happenin.

you shouldnt have to petition a sega or any game company for a game or in this case a GD-ROM. this happened over here in america with virtua fighter:evo and dance dance revolution. in virtua fighter evo's case, the players felt as if they were getting jerked. with dance dance revolution, not only did the players feel as they were getting jerked, konami released an american version in the arcade that got so popular it created to much of a demand for the game. it was exclusive to the arcade, only version for 3 year, and they didnt follow up with a console release till the game died in populartiy.

my problem with sega is how they dont make good financial decisions, it really affects the people that play their games and i dont think they see it. how are you suppose to have a ground-breaking hardcore arcade fighter, and its only available exclusively to japan?? for everyone outside japan who wants to take this game serious they cant because the people that are already better than them had the game 2 years before you (ac beta-ps3 launch). unless your playing for an experience which in terms of fighting games you dont because of its competitive nature, your wasting your time.

sega is just shooting themselves in the foot by not having a worldwide arcade release. by not doing that nobody isnt going to know about the game. people want whatever is hott in the arcade. people want what people play and this where namco wins. they flood the arcade scene with their games so come console release they sell better automatically. i dont see how they expect this game to do good on ps3 because they're targeting the same 100 people that already know about the game. they're not making their game known. they expect a game that nobody and they mom know about to do good on a system where people are already complaing about the cost of the games and the system isnt even out yet [$60-100]. on top of that, developers claim that the profit margin is low.

i dont know how many of yall have house of the dead 4 deluxe cabs at your arcades but when you have 10 people waiting in line and 30+ more watching the game being played if any reason, just because it has the biggest screen out of all the shooters; that tells me that theres a market for anything lindbergh (or very big screen shooters lol). instead, we're stuck with a universal platform only running one game.

if were not getting vf5 ill assume that were not getting virtua tennis 3 since we wont have a cab to accommodate the game. ill be we'll see after burner though.

i hope they release somethin within a month or 2.

-OutRun