Some questions about Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Some questions about Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by OldFoo »

I have a Naomi system and Marvel vs Capcom 2 game. The problem I have is with the scoring.

While playing, I move up in rank, but it still says I have 0 wins. Shouldn't this increment by 1 for every round I win? I think I might stop by a local arcade that I know has this game and see what it does when I win.

Also, every time I unplug my system when I'm done or enter test mode, my high score(s) are deleted and returned to the ones that a default system would display. I would imagine a game like this would remember high scores, given it even remembers an unused game credit from a previous day upon booting. This I can't test in the real arcade, as they probably wouldn't like me unplugging their systems ;)

Also, on a similar note, is there any way to reset the game to default (get rid of all experience points and unlocked characters, so I can start fresh?)

Yes, I ran the ROM board test on both the system and game test modes. Both come up good.
Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow, I was just going to make a thread about this very same game...

I'm getting the cartridge soon, and I'm curious regarding its differences against the dreamcast version.

More specifically, what graphical, sound and control differences are there? Various reputable players told me it's "much better" or "slightly better, but still noticeable", but with no details whatsoever. I also heard the Naomi version has better "timings" for combos and whatnot.

Any truth to that?

Now regarding to your question: have you checked if your Naomi's CR2032 battery is still OK? Mine died lately, and it kept making Guilty Gear X lose the boss code and "forget" my hi-scores...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That large button-cell battery under the cart? I did take it out and put a meter to it, and it still read 3V. I might just replace it anyway, just in case.

Oh, and this is the only version I have. I don't have a copy for my Dreamcast or PlayStation 2. Those things are expensive and hard to find anyway.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if you're taking the cart out of the mobo then i think it resets the back to factory settings.

as for the wins not increasing i'm not sure. actually i'm not sure about anything i said but i'm pretty positive i read on here somewhere that if you unplug the cart it resets. who knows (i'm tarded) :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

None of the Capcom Naomi games save high scores.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, at least my game and system doesn't have a problem as far as high score saving.

The 0 win thing still bugs me. I'm going the the local arcade to try it (after much "practice" with my game, I should be able to win a few rounds).

Pulling the cart off didn't affect any saved data (nothing different from unplugging.) Actually, neither did removing the button cell battery when I tested it, although maybe I didn't have it out long enough to lose any memory. I'm always weary of batteries in arcades, after what I read about the "suicide" battery in some of them.

-update-

After doing some "expirimenting," I found their unit does the 0 win thing also. Maybe it has something to do with VS rounds. I don't know, I only have half my Hotrod joystick wired for JAMMA (the other half is still for emulation.)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i think .. the win thing only shows in a vs mode.. and it's have to be in credit mode .. not free mode
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wins only count in VS mode, they aren't tallied in single player.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orlando Ortiz wrote:Wow, I was just going to make a thread about this very same game...

I'm getting the cartridge soon, and I'm curious regarding its differences against the dreamcast version.

More specifically, what graphical, sound and control differences are there? Various reputable players told me it's "much better" or "slightly better, but still noticeable", but with no details whatsoever. I also heard the Naomi version has better "timings" for combos and whatnot.

Any truth to that?

Hi, sorry for bumping old thread but I am very curious about the above question still. Can anyone give some insight?