What games were released in multiple regions?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

What games were released in multiple regions?

Post by OldFoo »

What games were only released in Japan vs. released in Europe vs. USA.

I'm not referring to playability or BIOS - just what games were released where (unless there's a direct correllation.)

For example, was Guilty Gear released in the US as well as Japan?

The reason I ask is because of the language on the artwork.

Thank you,

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Can anyone help with this one?
OldFoo

Re: What games were released in multiple regions?

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:What games were only released in Japan vs. released in Europe vs. USA.

I'm not referring to playability or BIOS - just what games were released where (unless there's a direct correllation.)

For example, was Guilty Gear released in the US as well as Japan?

The reason I ask is because of the language on the artwork.

Thank you,

Steve

I've seen GGXX in us Arcades although it was in Japanese. I think it got a major release.

Most Sega games get releases in all regions and Capcom games up to 2001 got released in both regions.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

check the bios on this page http://www.sega-naomi.com/bios.htm maybe that would help but hey who am i?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Some games were released as 'Japan only'. These are usually games like mahjong or other theme/strange games specific to the Japan region. Some games you can play with a bios other than Japan, but will still dislplay in Japanese. Other than that, most games are either playable or completely in English. It would be a bit of an effort to list all of the games, but you can get an idea from --->Bios compatibility list <--- as suggested by srabelpawz.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Some games were released as 'Japan only'. These are usually games like mahjong or other theme/strange games specific to the Japan region. Some games you can play with a bios other than Japan, but will still dislplay in Japanese. Other than that, most games are either playable or completely in English. It would be a bit of an effort to list all of the games, but you can get an idea from --->Bios compatibility list <--- as suggested by srabelpawz.

I did start there, but as you can tell, that's nowhere near the complete list of games.

More importantly, I wanted to know because I would be looking for the English artwork wherever possible.

If some games are only available in Japanese (both game and art), that would be good to know.

I agree that it would be a little effort to do this, but I think that it would be helpful, as well as informative.

Also, if the game required special controls or a special control panel, as well as the monitor orientation, it would be worth mentioning.

I know some of this is available when you click on the software link on the main site, but just think of it as more information that would be useful.

I'm more than willing to help in anyway that I can.

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:
joshua3dg wrote:Some games were released as 'Japan only'. These are usually games like mahjong or other theme/strange games specific to the Japan region. Some games you can play with a bios other than Japan, but will still dislplay in Japanese. Other than that, most games are either playable or completely in English. It would be a bit of an effort to list all of the games, but you can get an idea from --->Bios compatibility list <--- as suggested by srabelpawz.

I did start there, but as you can tell, that's nowhere near the complete list of games.

More importantly, I wanted to know because I would be looking for the English artwork wherever possible.

If some games are only available in Japanese (both game and art), that would be good to know.

I agree that it would be a little effort to do this, but I think that it would be helpful, as well as informative.

Also, if the game required special controls or a special control panel, as well as the monitor orientation, it would be worth mentioning.

I know some of this is available when you click on the software link on the main site, but just think of it as more information that would be useful.

I'm more than willing to help in anyway that I can.

Steve
that's actually a great idea. i agree with you 100%
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Are any of the Guilty Gear games in English (game itself, not the artwork)? If not, is it possible to hack it into English somehow?