Question about crazy taxi driving arcade

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Question about crazy taxi driving arcade

Post by OldFoo »

hey,I bought a crazy taxi arcade,but it doesn't have the cart that goes in it.It has the naomi system,but no cart.I am looking for one,and can't seem to find one at the moment. If you have any ideas I would appreciate the help! I've been reading some comments on the site,and not familiar with the naomi system.So Could I use another cart that I could use to play on my crazy taxi sitdown driving game without changing anything too much?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You need the cart as this is the actual game itself. Everything else is just the motherboard & I/O equipment.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well Crazy Taxi is just a generic driving cab so you should be able to play the likes of 18 Wheeler, Club Cart and Jambo Safari. I'm sure there are a few others out there too but those are the only Naomi 1 carts that come to mind. The main problem being that most of these games come from dedicated cabinets and it's fairly hard to get the carts separate.

The intial D games would also work in that cab setup although you would need to upgrade the motherboard to a Naomi2 with GDrom.

Hope that helps a bit,

Tail :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Crazy Taxi is also a rare game, so even if you do find it, be prepared to pay through your teeth for it. Experience may vary, but in 2 or so years of looking I saw maybe 2 of these carts and they weren't cheap.

Also, there's slight differences in wiring these driving games. Even if some games have only 1 or 2 buttons, they may be wired differently and need to be compared to each wiring diagram. You also may or may not have the feedback electronics that Initial D utilizes (though this function can be turned off).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the help!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ringtail wrote:Well Crazy Taxi is just a generic driving cab so you should be able to play the likes of 18 Wheeler, Club Cart and Jambo Safari.

It can play Jambo safari, Ck, ID, Or2 and others with little modifications but 18 wheeler wont work.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I got a CT cart, ?300 though.. :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:I got a CT cart, ?300 though.. :(

:smt010

and a full crazy taxi UR machine?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

STV wrote: :smt010

and a full crazy taxi UR machine?

Last one sold in belgium on BGF went for 1000 eur.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Crazy Taxi is a cult game.

I can sell the CT carts all day long to Japanese customers.

The last one went for 55,600 yen.