Do you buy the GD rom or cart when you have the option?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Runefaust wrote:Cart ! ! !

...because of the "PCB-playing-feeling". GD-Roms feel much more like a Playstation game with memorycard.

I agree with that ...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

PFFT! I don't. NAOMI games are NAOMI games GD-ROM or cart. I like the carts better because you don't have to have extra hardware to play em' Although it doesn't matter now since I have like 3 GD-ROM setups :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I generally don't care myself...whichever is cheaper is the one I get...

something to think about though...carts can generally be fixed if they're broken, while if the gdrom gets broke you're basically screwed...so in special cases(like a game I really really care about)I guess I would lean more towards the cart now that I reflect upon it... ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I like the look and feel of the cart from an aesthetic viewpoint. So, from a collecting standard...carts are cool.

From a gameplay standpoint, I don't like the loading with the GD rom, so that's another plus for the cart.

GD roms are easier to store, and with case inserts, they can look pretty sweet on the shelf when not being used.

Other than that, I guess there's not much of a difference.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

I'm sure we all have some of each type of media. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I prefer to play the cart version to avoid load times, but since I am a collector, I try to get both if I can.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I perfer the gd rom discs.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I like the GD-Roms as they are all very handily easy to store in the coin door in my Uni. Means everything is stored inside the cab.

Also most of the games I like the most are on GD-ROM, and swapping between DIMM and carts is not my idea of fun.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That's why you get more than one motherboard :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, I'll be getting a separate motherboard specifically for cart soon enough. I've only got one cart game (which I've only just bought) and 7 GD-ROM games (and got at least 3 GDs that I'm wanting to get soonish), so its not really worth getting a dedicated motherboard just for that one cart.

As soon as the collection builds up a bit more though...!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I prefer GD-ROM's becouse they are easy to store and most of them are cheap aswell :).