winning eleven 2003....anyone?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Actually, the Sega I/O doesn't convert the frequency. :smt018 It just ports the signal from the DB15 VGA connector to the jamma edge. Resolution and frequency are determined by the dip switches.

I stand corrected, thank you!! I've never touched a dip on a naomi and they have worked on plug in on both cga and vga. Weird. I have unhooked the vga from a capcom I/O and stuck it straight to a monitor and gotten a picture. I am not sure how low the monitor goes as I don't have manual for the 27" mitsubishi...maybe it does. I have read on the dip stuff and am not dissagreeing with you, but am confused.

So why wouldn't the capcom I/O run it to my monitor if I had the game set up in 15khz mode?

EDIT: Just looked at my monitor's specs:

Microprocessor-based 15 to 95 kHz auto-scan range

:smt115 Image
Last edited by OldFoo on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have you tried changing the dip switch to 15khz, then running it through the I/O?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Have you tried changing the dip switch to 15khz, then running it through the I/O?

yes. I still get black. I've tried it on both settings and from both ports on the system. I get nothing. But, in 31khz it shows crystal on my monitor. So far that's the only real one I have gotten besides the DIM picture from my jimmy'd jamma adapter.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm... Perhaps this is one of those games that runs in high-res only? Initial D for Sega Naomi is like that. If it's not in high-res mode, the screen turns black (looks just like the picture you posted with the lines) and the game stops.

As for the dim screen, it looks like the frequency of the game is higher than your screen. The game is not giving your arcade monitor enough time to draw the scenes.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That would explain a lot, but from what the post by tugdaniels said, it works and I seem to be stuck in the same place he was. I don't know what a bios button is....but he said without hitting that, he got a black screen just like me, but then played the game on his candy cab with a Sega I/O. When I plug it in with sound, I hear a "ding ding ding ding" then it's black. I haven't left it on long enough to see if the game loads all of the way up, as it takes about 7-8 minutes, lol. I guess that's the next step to see if the game is really loading, or if it just stops on boot up.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think when he says by 'bios switch', he his actually referring to the service switch (goes to bios when pressed).

Perhaps he is saying that the switch needs to be wired. :smt115
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:I think when he says by 'bios switch', he his actually referring to the service switch (goes to bios when pressed).

Perhaps he is saying that the switch needs to be wired. :smt115

I have test and service wired to my little xbox thing, lol....but now have the game on free play.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

and we have fully playable soccer.......in a box, lol :D

THANKS FOR THE PARTS!!!!!!!

If anyone has ONE FEMALE NAOMI CP STYLE CRIMP PIN...I would really appreciate it!

I need it to get my 6 button CP wired up fully :(