winning eleven 2003....anyone?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well, got the manual and it doesn't look like I am going to be using the jamma edge :(

Also, it's 72 pages so I don't think I will be scanning this thing any time soon either. I can list the contents and if there's a specific section you want, I will see what I can do. I am not going to my folks tonight, as I have a cold. Damn rug rats, lol!!

I tried to get 15khz by splicing a vga cable but it didn't work. Guess this isn't going in the astro without a jamma i/o.

The setup doesn't need 3.3v....so why didn't they make it Jamma?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm curious. What does the manual say the jamma edge is for? :smt026
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:I'm curious. What does the manual say the jamma edge is for? :smt026

"Not used for this kit."

:smt013
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I find that hard to believe. I say, try connecting it anyway. I think it would work. You don't put a non-functioning jamma edge on arcade hardware. :smt098

But, that's my opinion. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:I find that hard to believe. I say, try connecting it anyway. I think it would work. You don't put a non-functioning jamma edge on arcade hardware. :smt098

But, that's my opinion. :D

I tried it already.....

but what the hell, I'll do it again.

It comes up, but VERY DARK!!! even when I turn the brightness way up. Using the jamma harness will not power the setup...at least when I tried it. Maybe you can't have the other power plugs in when you try it? lol...I don't know. I got it to show up with my little hack job, but there's lines on the bottom of the screen and it's dark:

straight jamma I get this:

when I use my vga cable hack, I get this:

damn I wish I had a tri-res monitor in the astro :(

It's just that much more motivation to get my cab built. But damn I just want to play, LOL!!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Interesting... Have you tried it on a standard computer monitor? :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Interesting... Have you tried it on a standard computer monitor? :smt017

yeah, it works great on my monitor. There's pics in this thread :)
tugdaniels

Post by tugdaniels »

Hi ngt.So you have receveid the manual and MR Meg have one also ^^

I try to understand what is going on with your game but my english is not good enough.

What exactly going wrong? :(

The control doesn't work?Can you credit the game?

Maybe the dipswitch is wrong?Mine is 4,3,1 down and 2 up.I played on my neo candy cab,without the WE2K3 panel.Just plug an other psu like naomi for start the pcb and my jamma harness is on the I/O SEGA REV.B.I have more trouble with this game when i bought it,no screen at first,no start because wrong place for the cr?dit buttons and wrong place with the bios buttons,without this buttons sold the game was never start up.

I will make pics like i told you last time,i forgot sorry.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tugdaniels wrote:Hi ngt.So you have receveid the manual and MR Meg have one also ^^

I try to understand what is going on with your game but my english is not good enough.

What exactly going wrong? :(

The control doesn't work?Can you credit the game?

Maybe the dipswitch is wrong?Mine is 4,3,1 down and 2 up.I played on my neo candy cab,without the WE2K3 panel.Just plug an other psu like naomi for start the pcb and my jamma harness is on the I/O SEGA REV.B.I have more trouble with this game when i bought it,no screen at first,no start because wrong place for the cr?dit buttons and wrong place with the bios buttons,without this buttons sold the game was never start up.

I will make pics like i told you last time,i forgot sorry.

I am trying to get it running off of the jamma edge on the system. I did not want to buy another I/O and amp. You can flip up 1 and 3 as they don't do anything on this game, only dip #4. It controls the video output 31khz and 15khz.

tried it on my capcom i/o and it doesn't work. Black screen.

what's the bios button?

What i don't understand is, if your using a sega i/o for jamma....why is your dip setting on 15khz. Shouldn't the sega i/o convert the 31khz to 15khz like it does with the naomi?

I got a black screen in both....just wondering.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually, the Sega I/O doesn't convert the frequency. :smt018 It just ports the signal from the DB15 VGA connector to the jamma edge. Resolution and frequency are determined by the dip switches.