Initial D

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Perhaps a silly question, but did you check the 3.3v, 5v lines, and if there are any bent pins/dirt/etc?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No, everything is rock solid, I play all my other games with it without a problem.

Can this be because of the japanese version ?

The more I test, the more I'm wondering if the force feedback is really disabled (even set to 0).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The force feedback option would not cause this error. The system and game would work with or without the hardware, or any change in the test mode. Here's something to try-take a look at the I/O and look for the jumper on the top/right corner. It should be labeled 'IN/OUT'. Check to see what it is currently set to, then change it and boot the system. This is assuming that you have the Jamma I/O. If not, then disregard the 'jumper' suggestion. :smt110
Last edited by OldFoo on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

And about the '0' setting: As far as I know, it does not turn off Force Feedback, it just sets the 'strength' of the feedback to its lowest setting.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:

You can play the other games, but they play so badly with the ID wheel, it is like driving a bus..

270 degree wheel is what your club kart will have, but it will most likely be fitted with a happ mini wheel and have happ pedals, with a red bar unit seperating them, not ideal for driving games.

Does this mean that the Jambo Safari cabinet I purchased with the Sega Touring cars steering mechanism is 270 degrees and the reason why I find it is a little messy on the steering?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Still no luck with my setup, maybe I need another I/O but I can't be sure :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ID 1,2, 3 only work with the dedicated JVS I/O board from 837-13551 series

They will not work with the F355 I/O Type 2 (which is present in Club Kart) or the Jamma I/O
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
mar.vetto wrote:
AndyGeezer wrote:Actually to play ID properly you need the proper dedicated ID setup.

Normal Sega/Happ analogue wheels have a turning circle of 270 degrees, ID needs a turning circle of around 320.

You get a lot better response, and the game is a lot easier.

However you can play ID on the normal 270 5K pot wheels, however playing other sega driving games like OR2 on the ID wheel is horrible, its like driving a friggin' bus!

I am buing a club kart sitdown cabinet and I would like to play with it the following gems:

initial d 3

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2

outrun 2

outrun 2 sp

Do I need to but a id3 original steering to play initial d 3 properly?

I am waiting for the cab so I don't know if it is 320? or 270?.......

In case I will buy the 320? id3 steering, can I play all the other games

with it without any problems?

thanks..... ;)

You can play the other games, but they play so badly with the ID wheel, it is like driving a bus..

270 degree wheel is what your club kart will have, but it will most likely be fitted with a happ mini wheel and have happ pedals, with a red bar unit seperating them, not ideal for driving games.

Does It menas that there is no good setting to play all the game I have with just one cabinet???At least would be enought to play outrun2sp and intial d 3 but in a good way.....

What cabinet do you suggest me to buy?

Can I play ID3 in a good way With a 270? steering?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I know the cabinet you mean(with red bar between gas and brake)

but if it would be one of these:

Image Image

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:ID 1,2, 3 only work with the dedicated JVS I/O board from 837-13551 series

They will not work with the F355 I/O Type 2 (which is present in Club Kart) or the Jamma I/O

Thank you, I think I will order a few extra things from you then.