Initial D

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Initial D

Post by OldFoo »

Hello,

I was wondering if the steering wheel CP is req'd for the Initial D series (or will a joystick work fine?)... also, is there any store that has these games for sale? (Excellentcom and coinopexpress don't =/ )
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi! :smt006 I've been messing around with Initial D, and it reads directional data from the analog inputs. That basically means that a wheel is necessary. I have also looked for hardware (and software) associated with this game with little to no luck. I once found a website that sold replacement parts for this game. Unfortunately, they wanted ludicrous prices for the more useful stuff. :smt019

I looked around www.happcontrols.com and they have both active and passive steering wheels for decent prices. Although I'm fairly certain the wheels will work, I'm not so sure about the controller pcb that needs to accompany it. (I haven't tested it because I don't yet have it.)

Setting up all the necessary components to play this game with the full experience has been a long term project I've been working on and have yet to finish. I wish you good luck! :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i have ID 2 waiting on a very special cab to put it in :D

i tried it on my uni cab but just got a black screen proberbly because the driving i/o board wasnt hooked up
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You probably got the black screen because the Naomi was not set up for high-res mode. Initial D will not work in low-res mode and give you a black screen. The game will start without any controls connected. :smt109
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

BOWER wrote:i have ID 2 waiting on a very special cab to put it in :D

i tried it on my uni cab but just got a black screen proberbly because the driving i/o board wasnt hooked up

Bower it should have worked, ID2 uses the same Naomi JVS I/O as a regular Naomi cabinet, so blank screen is worrying.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

its weird

it loads up

tehn the little jingle and straight to black screen??????
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

never mind figured it out :D :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, remember to disable the force feedback and card reader.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the problem was i had it set to number of seats =1 when it should have read unspecified

then it worked
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello,

I'm a newbie. I have just succeed to have my own Naomi Universal Cab !!

No way to do work Initial D on a universal cab ?? :smt010