Initial D

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's possible, but the control panel is different. It's alot like this:

Like most universal cabs, this would possibly very difficult and cost intensive.

You are probably better off buying the cab with the wheel already on it. :smt009

Games like this would be Club Kart and Crazy Taxi. 18 Wheeler has driving controls,

but it's configured like a truck with a much bigger wheel.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jambo! Safari goes cheap too, mainly because the game is shit.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually to play ID properly you need the proper dedicated ID setup.

Normal Sega/Happ analogue wheels have a turning circle of 270 degrees, ID needs a turning circle of around 320.

You get a lot better response, and the game is a lot easier.

However you can play ID on the normal 270 5K pot wheels, however playing other sega driving games like OR2 on the ID wheel is horrible, its like driving a friggin' bus!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The wheel shown on the Club Kart pic above doesn't go 320, does it? I would imagine that it's spring loaded return-to-center and only goes 270. Would this not also be the same for the ID version of this cab?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Actually to play ID properly you need the proper dedicated ID setup.

Normal Sega/Happ analogue wheels have a turning circle of 270 degrees, ID needs a turning circle of around 320.

However you can play ID on the normal 270 5K pot wheels, however playing other sega driving games like OR2 on the ID wheel is horrible, its like driving a friggin' bus!

I am buing a club kart sitdown cabinet and I would like to play with it the following gems:

initial d 3

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2

outrun 2

outrun 2 sp

Do I need to but a id3 original steering to play initial d 3 properly?

I am waiting for the cab so i don't know if it is 320? or 270?.......

In case I will buy the 320? id3 steering, can I play all the other games

with it without any problems?

thanks..... ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mar.vetto wrote:
AndyGeezer wrote:Actually to play ID properly you need the proper dedicated ID setup.

I am buing a club kart sitdown cabinet and I would like to play with it the following gems:

initial d 3

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2

outrun 2

outrun 2 sp

Do I need to but a id3 original steering to play initial d 3 properly?

I am waiting for the cab so I don't know if it is 320? or 270?.......

In case I will buy the 320? id3 steering, can I play all the other games

with it without any problems?

thanks..... ;)

You can play the other games, but they play so badly with the ID wheel, it is like driving a bus..

270 degree wheel is what your club kart will have, but it will most likely be fitted with a happ mini wheel and have happ pedals, with a red bar unit seperating them, not ideal for driving games.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi !

I have a problem that I'd like to discuss with you. My setup is :

- Initial D 2 japanese version

- Jamma rev.B I/O with all digital/analog inputs working ok in test mode

- I disable the card reader in the options

- I set force feedback value to "0" (values are integers between 0 and 10)

The game boots, but after the "card reader" related message, I get the "kickback initialize..." message blinking 3 times and then the games displays :

"error !! com. error occured between naomi bd and I/O bd"

and stops.

Could this be related to force feedback ? Do I set it up correctly (does setting it to 0 means it's disabled ?) Is the midi board mandatory, or is there a way to bypass it by wiring something to the CN9 connector ? Do I miss something obvious ?

Thank you for your help !
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

try setting all DIP switches on the naomi to 'off' (with the exception of switch 1; set that one to match monitor frequency)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think you need to disable the multiplayer communication option. You also need to change 'Number of Seats" to 1. This message could be that the game is trying to access the communication board that is not present.

This may not fix your problem, but it's a good place to start. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the tip, it was already done (otherwise there is a "checking network" message appearing first and blocking everything).

I tried messing with the jumpers on the motherboard based on another thread, no success yet.