Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Question

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Question

Post by OldFoo »

I am in the process of purchasing a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cabinet and the gentleman that currently owns it has answered some of my questions with answers that are boggling my mind. I am new to the arcade cabinet world, but have done a good amount of research. My question is this:

Is Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the Naomi system the only arcade system to have that game. I realize the first game is MAME (cps2), but I was under the impression that the 2nd game is only on Naomi cart. When I asked the gentleman if it was a Naomi system he looked inside and said he didn't see anything like the picture I sent him (a pic of a naomi system from inside a cabinet). I am not interested in buying it if it is not a Naomi system (especially with how much he is charging). normally I would drive out and look but it is a long drive.

I figures if anyone would know if there is a non naomi version of this game in arcade format it would be the experts here.

Thank you,

Nick
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's only on Naomi. Just ask him to turn it on, and tell you if it says Naomi on the boot up screen. If not, then it will be Marvel Superheroes, Marvel Superheroes Vs Street Fighter or MvC on CPS2 in a MvC2 cabinet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You were right (not that I am surprised :)

I drove down to check it out and it turns out he was looking in the back where the monitor was when the Naomi hardware was under the Joystick/button area.

The game gives and error that states that the game cannot be played in the system (or something like that). The naomi screen comes up then it scrolls the error onto the screen below the logo.

He says it works at his techs house, the bowling alley he works at (where it was before) just not at his house. The tech just put a brand new power supply in it. He seemed really confident that it works outside his house...so confident in fact that he gave me a "refund policy" in writing stating if it doesn't work when I get it home he will refund all my money. He says something about Florecent lights and power in his garage causing problems.

Does this sound right or am I being duped. The guy knows very little about these machines, he is going by what his tech tells him and the fact that it plays everywhere else he takes it.

Assuming he is not lying, what could cause that?

Thanks for your time and expertise,

Nick
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

as long as you have the refund in writing you should be good. i would try it at home and if it doesn't work maybe we can help you get it working again.

on a side note it could have been one of those dreamcast to jamma or xbox to jamma adaptors running marvel vs capcom 2.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I did actually see the naomi in the cabinet. I do think there is Naomi to Jamma adapter in there because it is a Data East cabinet. Probably a JAMMA Cabinet that they put a naomi in after the fact.