Arcade game question - can anyone help me identify a game?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Arcade game question - can anyone help me identify a game?

Post by OldFoo »

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize (Mods, please move if needed, I wasn't sure where to post this.)

I spent a summer in Ireland in 1995, and spent a bunch of my free time in an arcade in Dublin on Connelly St.

I realize that this is a stretch, but I'm hoping that someone can help me identify a soccer game that I absolutely played the hell out of while I was there.

Loved it, and couldn't stop playing.

I've been trying to find the title (and hopefully the pcb) for over 5 years now, so I thought perhaps someone here can give me some suggestions as to what the game might be.

All I can say is that it was extremely popular, as I usually had to wait for my turn. It was a soccer game, but it wasn't a half-pitch view (like VS4).

If anyone has any clues as to a popular soccer game in Europe back in 1995, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

virtua striker ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm 100% certain that isn't it.

The game would take the view of behind the play, so you were facing the goal, but not from the ground (it was elivated.)

I think it might be Konami's Soccer Superstars, but can't confirm it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have you tried a game search for 'soccer' on www.system16.com?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sure have. No pictures for Soccer Superstars.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Melvin wrote:www.klov.com ;)

Sorry, no help. It was the first place I looked.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer ... 77&image=2

Thats the japanese flyer for Soccer Super Stars, hopefully the screens will help you tell if its the one or not.

Its from 95 at least, and apparently it had a US/Eur/and Japan release so I would think if you keep an eye out on ebay/klov/etc you should be able to find it if thats the game you are thinking of.