WHATS THE BEST 15KHZ OR 31KHZ

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

WHATS THE BEST 15KHZ OR 31KHZ

Post by OldFoo »

Hi guys i have a fair condition naomi uni cab uk version with the 31khz monitor fitted this cab has had a mame conversion done and the screen will only display in the lowest resolution which is 640x480@60hertz anything higher like what i need 800x600 and the screen goes all fuzzy and i have to go back down again but with the low setting the screen is dark and when i adjust the brightness or contrast the writing goes all blurry and crappy so i was wondering if the naomi 15/24khz monitors would be the better route to achieving a better picture please let me know as im restoring the cab at the moment to its former glory and can swap monitors if it helps
OldFoo

Re: WHATS THE BEST 15KHZ OR 31KHZ

Post by OldFoo »

blade wrote:Hi guys I have a fair condition naomi uni cab uk version with the 31khz monitor fitted this cab has had a mame conversion done and the screen will only display in the lowest resolution which is 640x480@60hertz anything higher like what I need 800x600 and the screen goes all fuzzy and I have to go back down again but with the low setting the screen is dark and when I adjust the brightness or contrast the writing goes all blurry and crappy so I was wondering if the naomi 15/24khz monitors would be the better route to achieving a better picture please let me know as im restoring the cab at the moment to its former glory and can swap monitors if it helps

What are you trying to play with the cab? That is the real question. If this is being kept for Mame then the 640x480 would be best overall I assume, better than the lower res of a 15k or 24k monitor since it's VGA and has a VGA port.

I think the goal would be changing up your set up to work with the monitor more than changing up the monitor to work with the set up. =)

That said, my vote would be to scrap Mame and get a Naomi board back in there!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pics would help, i have a mame cabinet running on a 15hz monitor. But if you wanted to keep mame the VGA would be best.