Coinopexpress Ordering

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I was considering buying that VF4 FT kit offer from coinop, as the price was really good, so I could get a Naomi2 mobo, GD-drive kit and the game. I don't need the I/O as I already own one for my Naomi1.

I e-mailed them asking about shipping costs and they quoted me 125$ I think, which didn't make the deal that attractive. They also told me this offer had limited supplies so I should contact them ASAP if I wanted it. I didn't reply, and they e-mailed me again asking if I was still interested. I told them I couldn't afford it.

I've never bought anything at coinop as usually they are very expensive and have some other bullshit, like "ghost stock" and the minimum order. I once asked for 2 AW cart games and they quoted like 125$ shipping (WTF?). I used to order from cosmicco and never had a problem, but now I use excellentcom and it's as great as cosmicco, they look like the same company.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just ordered VF4:FT from coinopexpress (software only) for $69.95 but the shipping was damn expensive, $35.00 for EMS. I swear I don't think I ever paid that much even through Per's shop for sanwa parts with that type of price tag. Also what is up with coinopexpress only accepting up to $500 for paypal purchases?

I was wondering how should I go about purchasing Naomi 2 hardware because I'm not sure if I would go through coinopexpress for that especially if I can't purchase it with my paypal address. ECL doesn't have their pcb list up at the moment for some odd reason.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Eddierizzle wrote:I just ordered VF4:FT from coinopexpress (software only) for $69.95 but the shipping was damn expensive, $35.00 for EMS. I swear I don't think I ever paid that much even through Per's shop for sanwa parts with that type of price tag. Also what is up with coinopexpress only accepting up to $500 for paypal purchases?

I was wondering how should I go about purchasing Naomi 2 hardware because I'm not sure if I would go through coinopexpress for that especially if I can't purchase it with my paypal address. ECL doesn't have their pcb list up at the moment for some odd reason.

You can wire transfer funds to their sister bank in NYC. If I recall correctly it wasn't too bad.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just to throw in my 2 cents about coinopexpress...

I recently ordered a system 256 and segoku basara x from them. Communication have been good and all was done in a timely manner(the shipping was ass expensive though).

Unfortunately, they sent me a system 246 by mistake >:( >:(

So, now, I'm going back and forth with them about getting me the proper system...thus far, they have been quick to respond to me, but they actually asked me if I would keep the system 246, which makes me VERY paranoid that they might be trying to pull one over...but that could just be pure paranoia on my part. At any rate, I replied to them today stating that no, I would not keep the system 246, and that I would like the system I ordered. I will let you guys know how the situation turns out...but wanted to go ahead and throw this out there in the meantime, just in case...hopefully they will continue to be polite and cooperative and I will get my correct system 0_o
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No doubt YOU will have to pay to send the 246 back in the best case.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well, ironic that you mention that cause I heard back from them again today and they told me they were very sorry but their supplier didn't currently have the 256 and could not get one in any reasonable amount of time.

So, they gave me THEIR fedex account number and said that if I send it back they will refund all my money.

Bare in mind I'm paranoid so I'm not gonna feel relieved until I see the money back in my account...but I figure if they try to screw me I'll just ship an 80lb weight to france, overnight, on their fedex account for pure spite. lol!

On a serious note, the story gets even more ironic....so also today I find a guy nearby that is willing to sell me a fully working tekken 5 cab, with the system 256 and the game, fo about $200 less that what I was paying for just the system and a game from coinopexpress. So, in that regard you could certainly call it a blessing in disguise...what are the odds of that?

At any rate, as I said, I won't feel fully relieved until I see the money is back, but to be fair about it, they have really given me no reason to suspect they would do otherwise thus far. They have responded quickly and politely to all my emails, etc. within 24 hours, admitted it was their mistake, apologized, are paying to return it to them. So, assuming I do get the refund I would at least give them an A for customer service.

So, anyways, I will let you all know when/if the refund comes through.

I guess overall that I would have to agree with some others that this company can be a bit more troublesome than is necessary(or worthwhile).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hrmmm....well as of today I still haven't received the refund they promised and they seem to be slow to respond to my emails suddenly. Suffice it to say I'm extremely skeptical at this point...at the very least it's unprofessional and at most they're flat out trying to rip me off....sigh....

At any rate, I'm going to give them until the end of next week and then I'll be forced to take action, and I don't think they will like that much...but I can promise you they won't be keeping my money either way. Will let everyone know how it turns out...

[UPDATE: March 26th] - The Plot Thickens...

Ok, so I finally got sick of being ignored the other night and decided to try the live chat option they offer on their website...got some guy calling himself "jeremy" and politely asked if he could shed some light on the situation...this is the story they fed me...

So, according to this guy, the girl I had been dealing with the entire time(Sindy) has apparently left the company(conveniently enough immediately after getting all the info they needed to give me my refund), and now some girl named "nikita" is supposed to be "following up" on things...so according to jeremy, nikita says that the system was returned broken with the warranty seal broken on it(?!?), which seems funny since sindy had never mentioned anything about that and had said they were going to give me a refund...so then he tells me that she's given it to their "technicians" and have yet to hear back from them...so I tell him I never even connected the system because it was the WRONG ONE; I basically took it out of the box, saw it was the wrong one, and then repacked it to return to them. I go on to ask him are they trying to imply that I broke it somehow...he says no, they are not. So I ask, then what does this have to do with my refund? He says I have to talk to nikita directly. Fine, what's her email? She will contact you shortly he says...and from then on, basically anything I asked he says nikita will contact you directly...so of course, I've not heard anything from anyone there...so I send an email to nikita(assuming that like everyone else there her email would be nikita@coinop) and big surprise-no response from that either.

Now you can plainly tell from my prior postings that I am NOT one to quickly pass judgement, and try to give the benefit of the doubt wherever possible....but at this point, I have no choice but to believe they have STOLEN my money and have no intention of giving it back....so consider yourselves warned...I would advise against anyone doing business with these people as they are very apparently dishonest.

Should the situation change, I will, of course, update you all, but I honestly don't see that happening at this point. So again, buyer beware and consider yourselves warned.

[UPDATE April 7th]

Just had to gripe a little more here....finally heard from them, giving me the claim that the new person I'm supposed to be dealing with had "been out for a few days" which of course is NOT what I was told by the dude on live chat...so now, once again, they're trying to tell me the warranty is broke and the system is damaged...BUT...and here's the good part...they have to wait for their "techs" to finish looking at it or whatever(when by their own admission they've had it since the 11th of march). Does that make any sense? no. Further they send me a quote from their website saying something to the effect of if the warranty seal is broken we don't have to honor any kind of warranty, etc. and send me a pic of the broken waraanty seal....Oh really?!? So, since they required me to PROVE they sent me the wrong system it just so happens I have pictures of the system as it was before I sent it back to them....and GO FIGURE....the warranty seal is clearly shown and more importantly clearly shown NOT broken or tampered with. So I send them the pics and they totally ignore them...don't even make mention of them and instead give me more of the same warranty seal is broken BS...so the back and forth continues...

I tell them I sent you pics, that you required me to take in the first place, that show I didn't tamper with it. Totally ignore any mention of the pics I sent...and at this point I'm pissed so I'm not being nice anymore...

and not only am I still arguing with these people, but they actually have the gall to call ME rude and try to chastise me about it(instead of addressing any of the issues I mentioned of course) and then proceed to preach to me about how "honest" they are. The clear implication throughout ALL of this that I've mentioned is that they're telling me you broke the seal so we don't have to replace or refund, and they just keep saying it over and over...Well, you can imagine my reaction to that....especially when I've provided eveidence that I did not tamper with it in any way...

So, finally, after pitching a total fit and making threats they say they are going to refund my money(and they called me rude again too)....but let's not forget I've heard that before... So as I told them, I will believe it when I see it. If it does happen I will post another update. Otherwise, assume I'm still making there lives as miserable as humanly possible.

Oh! and here's something funny, presumably to try to make it seem like they're doing me some kind of favor, they tell me they finally got in touch with their "techs" (funny how that happens only after I raise holy hell) who said the repairs would have been like $175. Are you SERIOUS??? You can buy a whole working sys246 for that price!! Just thought I'd throw that in for the amusement value.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Man that really sucks. I guess, maybe, somehow it was tampered with by customs. Regardless, that is not your fault. How did you pay for your order? If by Paypal or credit card, call your CC company now and request a chargeback (don't waste your time dealing with Paypal if you paid by CC, the CC company will take care of faster).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I wish I had used paypal or cc but they would not agree to that(should have been suspicious at that), I had done a wire transfer, which basically means I was gonna be screwed. And I had suggested at one point that maybe customs did it, but they just ignored that, much like they ignored the pics I sent them showing I had not tampered with the warranty label...but there is a silver lining to this whole story after all....

I am now happy to report that I did finally get most of my money back from them(the transfer fee was deducted from the total but I do not know if that was them or the bank so I'll give the benefit of the doubt)...

the real shame here is that I had to resort to accusations, fit pitching and threats in order to get my money back. And on top of that it took me a looong time of emailing them every day, going to their live chat in the middle of the night(because of the time difference), etc, etc, etc. This whole transaction started in around mid to late february bare in mind. And let's not forget that this whole situation was their fault for sending the wrong item to begin with(which I believe was intentional but that's just my opinion). At any rate, once all was said and done I did get my money back and also got(from another source) the system256 I wanted(for less money too) so I guess I'll count my blessings and leave it at that. But even so, I would NEVER deal with these people ever again and I still recommend that everyone else be wary of them as well.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

At least you got a refund. Sincerely, I thought you would never get your money back. Coinopexpress = Avoid at all cost. Too many guys got too many problems for it beeing bad luck.