How hard to find Jambo Safari cart??

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

How hard to find Jambo Safari cart??

Post by OldFoo »

Purchased a Crazy Taxi a few months back and was wanting to see about swapping carts with Jambo when CT gets old and havent seen one available. Is this not that common of a game to come across??

Thanks

Jason
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Believe it or not, Crazy Taxi carts are less common than Jambo Safari carts. :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

In my first post I mean that when I tire of playing Crazy Taxi I want to swap the cart out of game with Jambo, but still keep the CT cart.

Thanks

Jason
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I actually paid a lot for mine, and bought a complete machine just to get the game, was the easiest way at the time to get the cart. As its a pretty tricky one to find, I also managed to get Wild Riders and ID3 running in my CT cabinet, not 100% but playable
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yukonblaze wrote:In my first post I mean that when I tire of playing Crazy Taxi I want to swap the cart out of game with Jambo, but still keep the CT cart.

Thanks

Jason
You can swap the cart, but I think the gear shift is wired differently to the I/O. Other member of the forum have commented on this point and I suggest you read the wiring diagrams to make sure. :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah I made adapters to switch between the layouts, was easy on the upright as had all the plugs there, so was a case of just making an inline adaptor from cabinet to CP, worth doing as does give the machine longer appeal, unless you can find a nice High Roller to go in it :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

englishman_in_plantcity wrote:I also managed to get Wild Riders and ID3 running in my CT cabinet, not 100% but playable

Curious: What aspect makes it less than 100%? Steering?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

with WR the issue was the push/pull that WR uses for jumps, slides and the dual brake, so whilst it was playable became a little bit of an artform remember which buttons/levers did what, but hey at least was playable :-)