Please Help: Naomi 1 GD-Rom Setup

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

LGD3 wrote:hopper = card reader?

I dont believe so, more of a payout mechanism.
LGD3

Post by LGD3 »

jeez... looks more and more like this game wasnt meant for home use lol. I'll just get whatever I can and hope it'll work.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just curious, whats so great about that game in particular? I've not heard much about it so i'm just kinda wondering. Theres alot of other great games to play, i'm just wondering what the draw to that one game is and why it would drive someone to get an entire setup just to play it at home.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sorry to re-awaken an older post, if its taboo feel free to flame me.

The cool thing about this game is it is intuitive without being simple, so you can pick it up and play, but it takes a long time to master. Also, the ability to breed a stable to horses and have them with you on cards to pick up where you left off is really cool.

In a nutshell, I thought it would be kind of dumb, and there were dudes walking by who made comments to this effect while I was busy pumping money into it, but I am surprisingly hooked. And there seems to be some demand for a home version of this game that Sega simply ignores, so combine the addicting play with lack of an arcade within the immediate vacinity, and $2.50 per race minimum, and it becomes easy to see why some of us bring it up

javascript:emoticon(':D')
xmods wrote:Just curious, whats so great about that game in particular? I've not heard much about it so I'm just kinda wondering. Theres alot of other great games to play, I'm just wondering what the draw to that one game is and why it would drive someone to get an entire setup just to play it at home.
:D :D