Can you put a Model 3 game in a Model 2? (Daytona 2 into 1?)

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Can you put a Model 3 game in a Model 2? (Daytona 2 into 1?)

Post by OldFoo »

I would like to pick up a Daytona USA cab near me, but I'd much rather have Daytona 2... which, of course, is different hardware. But how different? Is it impossible, if I get the correct parts, to use the Daytona USA cab for this? They both have the same buttons for views, shifting (I think), steering wheel and pedals... they even both use medium res monitors. Is this thinking totally illogical? Anyone done this before?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Possible, but a bit of hardwork, you'd have to make a conversion loom, model 2 to model 3 wiring loom.

Monitor and controls wise it will work once you make a conversion loom, you even get a bit force feedback (misses some a effects, but works).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

How hard could that be? Doesn't seem to be... but my question is, what about sound? What about power? Would the boards in there be able to handle what I'm asking of it, or would I have to change something there? Isn't there an addition 3.3 power needed somewhere?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:...you even get a bit force feedback (misses some a effects, but works).

Andy, you speek to use the Daytona 1 Drive board with D2 PCB?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Been wondering about this myself lately i found this -

http://www.arcadebase.de/model3.html
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:Been wondering about this myself lately I found this -

http://www.arcadebase.de/model3.html

Unfortunately that wont help you fit a DUSA2 board into a Daytona cabinet.

Much better off getting a 2B/2C driver cabinet and converting that IMO.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, just thought it might be of use to someone somewhere ;) I'm assuming a Daytona is just model 2 not 2A,2B,or 2C :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:Yeah, just thought it might be of use to someone somewhere ;) I'm assuming a Daytona is just model 2 not 2A,2B,or 2C :smt017

Yeah, it is useful :-) I used it as a guide when I put a Daytona 2 into a Touring Car (not quite 100% but enough to play).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, does anyone know where there's pics of the different filterboards?Model 1, 2, 3 etc