Lots of Misc Naomi 2 questions

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Lots of Misc Naomi 2 questions

Post by OldFoo »

I'm a long time fan of Sega racers (I have a 4-player with Live Monitor Virtua Racing setup, and a single Daytona USA 2), but I don't know anything about the newer stuff. I might be partially parting out that Initial D2 Twin soon, but I'm leaning towards keep one of the pair.

1) Naomi 2: Can it also run Naomi 1 carts/GDROMs?

2) One car wouldn't boot the first time with a "GDROM not found error". Power off and back on, and it worked and played. Dirty disc, something else?

3) Anything else that can easily be run in the same cabinet? I'm aware of the wheel differences versus most other Segas.

4) This was an ID1 conversion to ID2. It is missing seat decals and seat box decals. Could use new monitor side plastic decals. Does anyone have these? The paper toppers?

That's all I can think of for now. Any help is appreciated!

Arcadenut
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Here we go:

1) Naomi 2 is fully backwards compatible with Naomi 1 games

2) This may be just a power fluctuation or impending hardware failure of one of the GD system components (less likely).

3) Any of the Naomi 2 car games can be substituted with little to no modification. For example, Club Kart. As for Naomi 1, most driving games do not have force feedback (Crazy Taxi).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks!

That's good news, as I might want to put Crazy Taxi in this cabinet at some point. What is needed to run it in an ID cabinet? The GDROM and the the security chips? (Sound is included on the GDROM right, unlike older Model 1-3 games?)

Hopefully the GDROM error is something minor. I'll know more after testing it longer.

Thanks alot,

Arcadenut

joshua3dg wrote:Here we go:

1) Naomi 2 is fully backwards compatible with Naomi 1 games

2) This may be just a power fluctuation or impending hardware failure of one of the GD system components (less likely).

3) Any of the Naomi 2 car games can be substituted with little to no modification. For example, Club Kart. As for Naomi 1, most driving games do not have force feedback (Crazy Taxi).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Anyone have Initial D2 decals?

Arcadenut