New to Naomi, but loving it

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

New to Naomi, but loving it

Post by OldFoo »

Hi everybody!

I've had a Naomi mobo with MvC2 for about 6 months, but just bought an Alien Front twin sit-down setup (got it for $425!!!) from a local arcade/lazertag/paintball establishment.

Now that I have 3 Naomi mobos, I am looking at getting a GD-Rom setup for it.

My question is: what are the components I need to run a GD-Rom from my Naomi mobo?

I have a Guilty Gear disc and security chip which I'm dying to play on one of my cabs....

Anyway, if you want to check out my cabs, see here:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/me ... _id=413176
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Super Cool

Is you alien front based on NAOMI?

Cart or GD if So?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, there's a Naomi setup under each seat. Cartridge based, and sweet lord you should see the size of 'em. Literally like TWO MvC2's or CvS:Millenium FIght carts stacked on top of each other.

Check this thread over at Neo-Geo.com for pics and the story if you care about that sort of thing...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208970
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You got a very unique pickup on the Alien Front.

Not too many been seen on this forum.

Nice to see what one actually looks like.

BTW, The Alien Front Cart is the same size as the MVC2 cart

The reason they alien front cart looks alot bigger is that there is a NAOMI link board sitting between the cart and the motherboard. This is for linking the two naomi motherboards together (one in each cabinet) for linked game play

Great score :smt023

And welcome to the forum :smt006

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Good score on Alien Front, that game is rare!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks guys.

Yeah strangely enough, I had JUST sold my Daytona USA twin cab for $525, so just happened to have the space and the cash when this came up.

And believe it or not, I only bought it for the 2 crisp 27" monitors, and 2 NAOMI mobos. Personally I thought it was worth it for just those components, but then I got it home and actually played it... Now I don't plan on disassembling it for parts.

Great game, just wish there was like an expansion pack for levels or something. There are only 3, and it only takes like 20 minutes til you're starting over again.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

benjammin1701 wrote:Thanks guys.

Yeah strangely enough, I had JUST sold my Daytona USA twin cab for $525

USD 525..? OMG. A Daytona USA twin in my country cost three times as much.. :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:

USD 525..? OMG. A Daytona USA twin in my country cost three times as much.. :smt011

It's a wash, NAOMI cabs cost 3 times as much here :smt010

And they are ussually wired with US looms. :smt013
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:

Hey to be fair they usually go for a little more here, too. I knew it needed work, didn't feel like doing it myself, and was tired of playing it (honestly, NOT playing it).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm guessing you are talking about the original Daytona. I still play my Daytona USA 2 Power Edition all of the time. Probably one of the best drivers ever. IMHO.

I also use the same cab to play these in order of preference

Daytona 2 Power Edition

Daytona 2 Battle on the Edfge

Scud Race / Super GT

Sega Rally 2

Dirt Devils

Emergency Call Ambulance

Lemans 24