Anyone played Monkey Ball with Banana AND ZRAnalog joystick?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Anyone played Monkey Ball with Banana AND ZRAnalog joystick?

Post by OldFoo »

Edit: Maybe this should fit in Gameplay thread instead.

Ok, I'm asking this because I'm not 100% satisfied with the gameplay with ZR panel. Maybe I just suck at the game but I really can't manage to finish lvl. 15 on Original course. Can't get enough speed it seems.

Should it be any difference? The only thing I can think of is that the banana is taller but should this affect gameplay?

Also, in servicemode you could turn off/on something like "boost velocity" (I have the game at a friend and don't remember exactly what is was but the word boost and velocity was there) What is that?

I saw a Gamecube video on youtube how to beat the level but he "cheated" when jumping off a platform which is ok but it should be possible to use the "long" way.

Any thoughs about this would be highly appreciated...

Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I sold my monkey ball kit a while ago.

However, I do recall that even using the banana control panel that there as one level that I had a similar problem where no matter how much I pushed the control forward I could not get enough velocity to climb a hill.

I went into sevice mode and did something like adjust sensitivity or calibrate and that straighened things out

Don't have it any more to try but I hope this helps.

I am almost certain that there is some setting in service to bump up the sensitivity of the control of calibrate it.

BTW, I would say this probably goes in techincal

Hope the helps

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd calibrated the stick but if there's more to do, please let me know anyone...

Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check the calibration with the manual. If the upper limit is far below spec, you have your culprit.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think I remember what I did, when you calibrate the joystick up, down, left, right, do not push the joystick to it's full stroke. Maybe try 1/2 to 3/4 of its range. This should increase the sensativity

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, I have now played Monkeyball with the original Bananastick.

Conclusion:

Do never ever use the ZR joystick to play MB if you want to play it for long. The difference is soooo huge. The level I was talking about was cleared with three tries.

ZR = Play ZR

Banana = Play MB