Can anyone confirm the existence of these...

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Can anyone confirm the existence of these...

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, so I know a lot of folks don't care, but I do (and would have to believe there are others out there as well.)

I'm trying to confirm if ENG art sets exist for these Naomi games:

GigaWing 2

Gunspike

PowerStone

PowerStone 2

Zero Gunner 2

My thought would be that the Capcom games were made available in both JPN and ENG, because they were sold to both markets.

I'm not sure on the Zero Gunner 2.

The reason I ask, is because I have recently acquired full or partial art sets for some of these, but they're in Japanese. I would prefer them in English, but would not want to part with them unless they were actually made in English.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I'm still trying to complile a list of the art sets with region status (i.e. JPN only, ENG only, etc...)

Thanks,

Orri~
OldFoo

Re: Can anyone confirm the existence of these...

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:Ok, so I know a lot of folks don't care, but I do (and would have to believe there are others out there as well.)

I'm trying to confirm if ENG art sets exist for these Naomi games:

GigaWing 2

Gunspike

PowerStone

PowerStone 2

Zero Gunner 2

My thought would be that the Capcom games were made available in both JPN and ENG, because they were sold to both markets.

I'm not sure on the Zero Gunner 2.

The reason I ask, is because I have recently acquired full or partial art sets for some of these, but they're in Japanese. I would prefer them in English, but would not want to part with them unless they were actually made in English.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I'm still trying to complile a list of the art sets with region status (I.e. JPN only, ENG only, etc...)

Thanks,

Orri~

I have personally seen

Powerstone USA

Powerstone 2 USA

Cannon Spike USA

Gigawing 2 USA

Zerogunner 2 is Japanese only Artwork. The others I have seen USA move strips for each.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

my zg2 have english move strips and manual :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

My Powerstone cart has a US label.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks guys.

Capcom obviously released games in the USA and Japan, so the cart labels vary depending on the release location (with some exceptions, like Gunspike/Cannonspike.)

Until the other day, I had always thought Cannonspike was the JPN release and Gunspike was the USA release. However the Gunspike art is all Japanese, so that shot my theory to crud.

As for Zero Gunner 2 existing in English - thanks STV. I have a Uni-style marquee for ZG2, but cannot confirm 100% that it is original (and came with the USA release.) It is not a paper copy, the marquee is plastic (seems legit), but can't confirm.

I know that with the JPN release, there was an A4 marquee included.

I'm still looking to acquire all of these art sets in ENG format, so I wanted to make sure they existed before selling off the JPN versions.

Thanks again guys.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Andy was selling NOS ZG2 kits last year, full English everything.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yes, about the marquee i can confirm the a4 japanese one but the standard naomi uni marquee i have is a plastic repro made by tecnoplay so i cannot confirm that.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

STV wrote:yes, about the marquee I can confirm the a4 japanese one but the standard naomi uni marquee I have is a plastic repro made by tecnoplay so I cannot confirm that.

My original stock came from tecnoplay, they had 100's of sports jams, and lots of Vt3 soft kits and other stuff.

ZG2 was the most interesting thing I nabbed from them.

I still got a sealed manual with artwork, which I might sell with a ZG2 CF kit.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
STV wrote:yes, about the marquee I can confirm the a4 japanese one but the standard naomi uni marquee I have is a plastic repro made by tecnoplay so I cannot confirm that.

My original stock came from tecnoplay, they had 100's of sports jams, and lots of Vt3 soft kits and other stuff.

ZG2 was the most interesting thing I nabbed from them.

I still got a sealed manual with artwork, which I might sell with a ZG2 CF kit.

Oh yeah. if I knew before I'd got all the zg2 kits because was a ridiculous price ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:

Ok, that might answer my question about my ZG2 marquee.

It has a Technoplay logo on it.

So, I'm guessing that there was not an original Uni-style marquee that was made with the game, but Technoplay made one later...

Does that sound correct?

Thanks.