Cycraft editions?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Cycraft editions?

Post by OldFoo »

I was browsing thru the main list of games for Naomi1/2 and saw a couple of drivers that has a few variations and had a Cycraft edition? what is that all about?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The games themselves are not that different from each other. Cycraft is a motion simulator system that is an extension of the feedback system already in use. Instead of the standard seat, you walk into a 'cockpit' suspended by hydraulic actuators that respond to the actions in the game.

ImageImage
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

okay that is freaking cool!!!! I guess not very popular as ran mega $$$$ new? and unreliable? thanks for that :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I recently played on a Cycraft Initial D in Seattle. I found the feedback/response somewhat unnatural, although it is a very cool machine by any standard :-)
Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Same here, played club kart in a cycraft machine and all I got was the feeling to be just shaked while playing. Nothing close or far from the driving sensation. Definately not worth the 2 tokens it demands.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cycraft was primarly designed for F-zero AX Monster ride, but big N raped Sega with a huuuuuge license fee so the project was cancelled..

The other cycraft games are shit.