World Series panel compatability + other baseball questions

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

World Series panel compatability + other baseball questions

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all, this is my first post here on the Naomi forums. I've had a Naomi mobo for a while with MVC2 w/ Capcom I/O but I am looking to eventually pick up a dedicated Naomi cab and beef up my Naomi collection and Naomi knowledge.

My first question is:

Are all Naomi baseball games compatible with the same panel?

I picked up this NOS panel since I haven't seen many for sale, picked it up for $70 w/ free shipping http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 523wt_1139. Was that a decent price? Seemed fair to me.

Second question:

Are Dynamite Baseball, Dynamite Baseball '99, and World Series '99 the only rom cart baseball games on Naomi?

Third question:

Of the above mentioned games, which is best or are they all the same?

Fourth question:

Does World Series '99 work with Japan bios? I couldn't find the game on the bios compatibility list.

Thanks everybody!
OldFoo

Re: World Series panel compatability + other baseball questi

Post by OldFoo »

NOAH wrote:Hello all, this is my first post here on the Naomi forums. I've had a Naomi mobo for a while with MVC2 w/ Capcom I/O but I am looking to eventually pick up a dedicated Naomi cab and beef up my Naomi collection and Naomi knowledge.

My first question is:

Are all Naomi baseball games compatible with the same panel?

I picked up this NOS panel since I haven't seen many for sale, picked it up for $70 w/ free shipping http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 523wt_1139. Was that a decent price? Seemed fair to me.

Second question:

Are Dynamite Baseball, Dynamite Baseball '99, and World Series '99 the only rom cart baseball games on Naomi?

Third question:

Of the above mentioned games, which is best or are they all the same?

Fourth question:

Does World Series '99 work with Japan bios? I couldn't find the game on the bios compatibility list.

Thanks everybody!

Let's see...

$90 shipped is a very good price for the control panel, if it actually is NOS.

Yes, those are the only three baseball games that were made on Naomi cart.

Dynamite Baseball '99 is the sequel to Dynamite Baseball, which was released in '98. The '99 version is basically an upgrade to the '98 version.

World Series '99 is a much better game (IMO.) I would go with that one.

Though I can't confirm, I would imagine that it would work with JPN bios.

Hope this helps.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the info! Glad to know that I didn't get ripped off on the panel, the shipping on it was free so it was actually $70 out the door. Are there any differences between WS '99 and DB '99 other than MLB vs. NPB rosters?

I think I bought my ST-V mobo w/ Die Hard from you on NG. I hope things have gotten better for you since then. Thanks again, man.