Cosmic Challenge for Sega Lindbergh?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Cosmic Challenge for Sega Lindbergh?

Post by OldFoo »

What on earth is this? Can't find any info about it (haven't looked everywhere though) :)

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h148526339
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:smt017 Don't think this game justifies using the Lindbergh powerhouse. Oldschool 80's JAMMA hardware could run that just as well i think.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

goatboy wrote::smt017 Don't think this game justifies using the Lindbergh powerhouse. Oldschool 80's JAMMA hardware could run that just as well I think.

Well.. the Yellow Lindbergh is indeed somewhat of a powerhouse, the Red Lindbergh less powerful afaik. Andy will probably now exactly what the differences are.. care to chime in, Andy? :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

They use Lindbergh for a lot of things, redemption/slots etc because the hardware is in place.

Why spend money R&D when they've got 1000's of Lind PCBs built up.

Everything is shrinked rapped already - they've got there bespoke tools, security model, i/o all pre-done.

There is over 100 Lindbergh applications out there..

That is how Sega work - develop a PCB, then use it to claw all the money back from R&D/Tools etc

I expect they'll do the same with RingEdge/RingWide, although I expect they'll use up surplus Lindbergh PCBs first (as they release more and more slot type crap).