Sega Ringwide/Ringedge

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Sega Ringwide/Ringedge

Post by OldFoo »

I was poking around trying to find some more recent news on the RingEdge and Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code.

I know there was a short thread here about it, but most other news I find is very, very old.

Does anyone with some connections have any news about these guys? Are they in any American arcades (like the Sega Gameworks, for example...) ?

I have a Gameworks near me, but no RingEdge stuff.

Emailing Sega's Arcade sales.. they seem to just ignore questions about RingEdge. They'll answer questions about other items I've asked about, though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Certainly games are on it

Sega Racing Classics, Sonic Racing, Monkey Ball, Let's go Island.

So far none of the games look better than Lindbergh ones - a step back IMO.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You're right, bit I say give it time. When Sega-Naomi came out, you couldn't tell it would be a good system with games like Sports Jam and Sega Marine fishing. It's a common tale for any newly released gaming system; including consoles!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I know there are games on it... I just haven't physically seen one at my GameWorks! :(

Melty Blood AA Current Code was announced as completely finished and ready to be released... But I have heard NOTHING about this title in the U.S. or even in Japan.

Of course, it would probably be well overshadowed by SSFIV:AE and some other staple fighters.

I was hoping to find some new information about it or a good reference for it. Even better, if anyone knew an arcade owner that got one...... how does it work?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It works like Lindbergh, its basically a pc with a JVS interface.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:You're right, bit I say give it time. When Sega-Naomi came out, you couldn't tell it would be a good system with games like Sports Jam and Sega Marine fishing. It's a common tale for any newly released gaming system; including consoles!

This isn't true.

It's the same system as Lindbergh, still intel cpu, still nvidia gpu, so the old libraries and tools work.

Just the games are damn right shoddy.. Problem is Sega has no money for decent AM type development teams, and a lot is just out sourced crap.

Video games do not bring in the money like they used too, it's all redemption/gambling that does.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sega Golden Gun is the best title yet :smt018
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Apparently this system has suffered the same fate as other PC based Arcade games. (Type X , Konami , Examu ETC.)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

How expensive are these Ringwide systems and are they over 640x480? :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jackalus wrote:How expensive are these Ringwide systems and are they over 640x480? :)

Probably ?3000 for a new game kit.

And yes it can do upto 1920x1080