Noob queston spec for virtua tennis and virtua striker

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Noob queston spec for virtua tennis and virtua striker

Post by OldFoo »

hello all got a total noob question. I'm looking to get a sega naomi universal standup machine and have seen a few on ebay the best value seem to be the virtua tennis 1 and virtua striker 1 machines. does anyone know the typical spec of the components within these machines. as in naomi board type etc and if it is easy to upgrade them with 6 buttons gd rom etc. any advise on this would be awesome. thanks :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Virtua Striker 1 is usually Model 2, not Naomi. You want Virtua Striker 2 Ver.2000 for a Naomi(not plain or '98 as those are also Model 3 according to system16.com ).

Virtua Tennis 1 original cab or Virtua Golf conversion (big blue cabinet) in/from the US will be a Naomi 1 GD-Rom setup(plain white with 1999 board), with Sun PSU, Sega I/O, and Sega Audio amp. You'll need a little bit wiring to add a 6 button control panel, though you may need need to just wire from the control panel to the existing harness Molex connectors.

Not sure about Europe, but Japan used cartridges for VT1, which means you'd need a DIMM, GDROM, and power cables for a Jap cab unless it's been fitted with one at some point.
OldFoo

Spot on

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks tom61 that's exactly what I needed to know thanks for the advise. :D