Naomi's Gun - Model 3's Gun

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, my friend. Let me spell-it-out for you.

The word 'dedicated' means 'only for one game'.

"Is it possible?" This is usually a difficult question to answer because anything is possible. However it is not always easy or cost efficient to do so. You have to read between the lines when people answer your questions. If they say 'get the original cab', it's not that they don't want to answer your question. It is just too difficult or expensive to do what you are asking.

In short:

1) NO. Model 2 and Model 3 are different enough that you cannot just swap out components.

2)If you have a Naomi cabinet with one gun game, chances are you probably can swap to another gun game without much trouble. It is possible, but you must read and study the wiring diagrams to check and see. Before you ask, NO. We will not do this for you. You can learn the same way we learn--TRY.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lost World uses same guns as HOTD2 not 1, Lost World was the first IR Type 2 game, it used more sensors (14) and is Med Res.

If you have a Tri-sync monitor, the sensor and the wiring skills for Lost World then you can make it work on HOTD2 cab.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

interesting,... and very complicated... :smt117

maybe you know it AndyGeezer, for lost world (what a super great marvelous wonderfull game)

there are 2 versions ? SD and S-DX (maybe DX, i don't know)

and every one use about 14 sensors ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

jesus ! This is a funny thread :)

Andy you never lose patience :smt038
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually there is 4 versions of Lost World

Lost World 29"

Lost World DX

Lost World Super DX

Lost World Special (Special moving platform version with MPEG 2 audio)

Really if you want Lost World, you should just buy the UR, its quite cheap now.