Guilty Gear XX #Reload Sound Glitch???

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Guilty Gear XX #Reload Sound Glitch???

Post by OldFoo »

I've been playing some GGXX #Reload lately and noticed that there is a high-pitched beep that plays when I play against the CPU I-No. So I went into the Sound Test submenu of the Game Test menu on the Naomi and, sure enough--I-No has 2 quotes that have this loud beep in them!

Anyway, what I am wondering is if these are censorship beeps or if they are actually a glitch of some kind? (Maybe she's saying something really nasty in Japanese??) Can anyone else confirm this?

1.) go to the SYSTEM MENU > GAME TEST MODE > SOUND TEST

2.) move down to Voice & SE

3.) select either #2463 or #2464 (push your 1P stick to the right to FF thru them, hit A or Test to play)

Both of these sound samples have the high-pitched beep on my copy. For reference, I have a Japanese bios. (It is also interesting to note that when I run the sound test on my U.S. PSP copy of the game that the beeps are not present in these samples.)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have found the answer to my question. It is indeed censorship! What is puzzling is why they would have recorded the audio in the first place and then add the beep over it... :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Do you know if this happens on other versions of GG:XX?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Do you know if this happens on other versions of GG:XX?

Do you mean versions on different platforms, or are you referring to GG:XX Slash and GG:XX MC?

If you are referring to ports on other platforms: I actually found the answer in a post where the user was complaining about the exact same quotes being censored in the XBox version of GG:XX #Reload. I can tell you that both the U.S. PSP and PC versions of the game do not have the beeps, but I have read that the quotes were changed to eliminate the profanity.

That's all I know for now!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually, I was asking about GG:XX, GG:XX Reload, GG:XX Slash.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I don't know regarding the other games. I have until now only played GGX 1.5 and GG Isuka on the Atomiswave. I-No is in Isuka, but not in boss form--which is the only form that uses that dialog (from what I understand). Honestly, I haven't really played enough of Isuka to find out if she does or not--it's not my favorite. I'll have a copy of GG:XX Slash in a few weeks and can check that out when it arrives.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah. I have GGXX, so I'll look into that version. :smt047
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Even though I-NO is not the boss, it has it in slash as well
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmmm. Interesting. I have a copy of Slash waiting for me but, as it's a birthday gift, I haven't been able to play it yet. Thanks for the input! Just out of curiosity, is that the Naomi or PS2 version you are referring to?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The Naomi, as far as I can recall the PS2 version doesn't do it.

Slash is awesome on the Naomi, I was so happy that the price finally came down when accent core came out.