Did Virtua Fighter 4: Evo have a dedicated cabinet?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Did Virtua Fighter 4: Evo have a dedicated cabinet?

Post by OldFoo »

Hey everyone! I'm new to these forums and had a question for you guys. Did Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (or even the regular VF4) have a dedicated cabinet? If it did I'd love to buy one. If it didn't, I've got a lot of photoshopping to do. :D

I understand that it may have used the regular Naomi Universal cab, but from what I see in the USA version of the arcade manual, it had it's own USA marquee, and it's own USA control panel artwork, and the cpl artwork looks like something that would cover the control panel of an original VF or VF2 cab. If you have any info on this, please let me know! :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I believe VF4 was sold as a kit form in the US, maybe for the old VF cabinets, as I know Sega sold a few Naomi kits complete with 31K monitors.

Sega rolled out a few VF4 in Naomi cabinets in Europe, but it got a very small and I mean small release, hence the fact there is no VF5 offical released in Europe, apparently we are not nutty enough about VF, since VF3/VF4 didn't do anything, I think Namco got the market with Tekken series.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually, signs do point to this machine not having a dedicated cab in the US. If you look at the US manual it has all the artwork for the game, the US marquee, the US control panel, and the US side artwork. The marquee is not like the naomi universals and its a standard marquee, the control panel looks like that of something that would go over a VF1 or VF2's control panel, and the side artwork is just a regular poster you stick on both sides. Damn. I'd really hate to hack up an original VF cabinet just to give VF4:Evo a home... maybe if I can find one that was already converted...