Audio Question(Help me understand)

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Audio Question(Help me understand)

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, while I'm familiar with jamma this is my first time with a naomi, so bare with me...so I get everything hooked up initially to my test rig(e.g. a highly modified supergun) and no audio...so I hook the audio cables straight to the TV from the Naomi and voila-sounds works. All is well so far. So I take everything and hook it into the jamma cab(making a few minor modifications to accomodate for the naomi, like 3.3v power, 5th button, etc.). Now, everything works fine but no audio again. So I think...that's fine the speakers in my jamma cab have rca like my tv does-I can use those-I'll just plug straight in like on the TV...doh! still no audio...so basically I'm not getting sound at all, with or without the the audio amplifier. So what am I missing here guys? Like I say, I'm new to naomi and I know the speakers in my jamma cab work...any ideas? FYI I do not have a volume control in this cab, but I do have one for the naomi that is currently not hooked up...could that be it possibly? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

{EDIT}

Well, I finally figured out(being the obsessive compulsive person I am) that if I output from the black plug on the IO card through a splitter to the speakers then hooked up the volume to turn it up to a decent level I have good sound now. Ah well, thanks anyways. ;)

{EDIT 2}

during all my fiddling around I found there are actually a number of ways to wire the sound up on this thing...I can post all the ones I found if anyone is interested just let me know.