Namco Guns on a Sega Gun Setup?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Namco Guns on a Sega Gun Setup?

Post by OldFoo »

Is it possible to build adapter harnesses to use Namco light guns (the cock-back ones found in time crisis) on a Sega shooter setup? I'm getting a Point Blank 2 cabinet on Sunday, and would love to be able to run House of the Dead 2, Virtua Cop and others without buying another set of guns. Plus, the solenoid namco guns are waaaayyy cooler than the jankey sega ones :smt020

-Bill
OldFoo

Re: Namco Guns on a Sega Gun Setup?

Post by OldFoo »

billd420 wrote:Plus, the solenoid namco guns are waaaayyy cooler than the jankey sega ones :smt020-Bill

And way to heavy IMO, personally I prefer a lighter static gun.

As Namco use screen flashing like on a home consoles & Sega use real LED hardware I don't think you can.
OldFoo

Re: Namco Guns on a Sega Gun Setup?

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:As Namco use screen flashing like on a home consoles & Sega use real LED hardware I don't think you can.

Oh well, I'll just have to get a set of sega guns at some point later down the road.

HoTD, Confidential Mission and Jurassic Park all use the flashing light guns, correct? Or do those use the 8 sensors around the bezel?

-B
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The lost world, HOTD2/3/4, VC3, GS/E, CM, MOTK & DC all use the LED sensors, you can the lit in this pic of my CM cab:

www.sega-naomi.com/CM/cml.jpg
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

LW can be used using a type 1 assembly, no need for the expensive type 2 system!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm I remember now, Andy has a vid on YouTube with that configuration!

But adds screen flashing, which personally give a me a headache after a while...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CglKxZnslBc

Footix, I take you still coming in Feb for the stuff?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah :)

I'm trying to plan a date with my friends at the moment!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, you just seem a bit dead at the moment.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

don't worry :)